Ghostbusters Proton Pack (Pic Heavy)

SKS_STUDIOS

Here are a few quick snaps of my pack. I have meant to post pictures of it for months now, but never got around to it. The youtube link shows the electronics at their finest.

A few details; The pack features 100% real parts. No resin casts were used for any of the fittings and such, this includes the Banjo tips, Ultra Rare Legris Elbows, Straight Legris, Clippard valves and fittings, Crank knob, and resistors. All of the knobs and Ion arm end are machined aluminum and brass, the Ion knob is machined/polished aluminum, and the motherboard is laser cut aluminum. The graphics on the pack are either photo quality prints, or custom made rub down transfers too duplicate the worn 'painted on' look.

No expense was spared and no comprimises made when building my pack, as I wanted something that was as close to the real prop as possible. The weight of the pack comes in at just over 45lbs, and will probably top 50lb once the sound kit is installed.

More pictures will follow as time allows, and if anyone wants a closeup of anything, please feel free to ask!

Enjoy.

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

22-06-07_2314.jpg

And here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3G0dyLSmkM

I plan on tearing it apart after Halloween and re-working it again from the ground up, all while building a second pack that is accurate to the first movie (the pack shown here is built as seen in Ghostbusters 2)

Cam

Last edited:
Awesome work, Cam! I've been meaning to build one of these for years, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Thanks for the motivation!

Sean

Very nice! Great job, looks great!!

Are those lights Exoray's work? Really adds life to the pack and gun.
I'm working on one of these myself, right now. It's a fun build. Only part I'd rather not build myself (I could, just not sure how "fun" it would be) is the bumper. Have any direction on finding one (resin copy or other)?

Marcus

The lights are Exoray's deluxe kit. That's the one with the vibrating motor and laser when you fire.

If anyone needs help finding parts or what not, feel free to PM me, otherwise here is a list of the suppliers for the machined and main components.

Shell, bumper, Ion arm - Funkzilla
Machined knobs, Ion knob, Gun Hook, Clear wand tip, and Ion arm tip - Dr_Slurpee
Pack/Wand lights and (soon) sound - Exoray

Everything else was sourced by me from various suppliers and companies. Again, post or PM me if anyone needs a hand!

Cam

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back