1:1 beetlejuice

reevz666

finally pulled my 1st copy last night and fininshed the paint up today :thumbsup
beet-8-sm.jpg

beet-9-sm.jpg

I think you should "pull" more on the painting, it looks a little "dull"... So far it's just "good", make it GREAT!:thumbsup

Well... The PHOTOS make it look good (not great), but in that lighting scenario, 10 to 1 we're losing detail... Bet it looks even better in person!

you should get some moss and blotch it around his hair line by his side burns and under his neck. Awesome man, I love Beetlejuice and about time someone made a 1:1 bust...awesome work

Griff

"We've come for your daughter Chuck"

+1 on the lighting. The makeup looks a little light especially around the eyes. Keaton likeness is spot-on though. I would like to see more pics in daylight if you ever take any. Nice to see a sculpt of Beetle...... oh wait better not say the B word.

This will sound odd, but it looks too much like Keaton and not enough like Beetlejuice. :)

Superb sculpt. Very impressed. Agree on dirtying up the paint-job a bit more... but man. Would LOVE to have that crazy cool looking bust! :thumbsup

Nice sculpt,good likeness. Try taken it outside and photograph him, nothing better than natural light. Also when you painted him did you start with a flesh base? And then add the pale flesh color and then a light layer of white. Its hard to tell from the pics.

This will sound odd, but it looks too much like Keaton and not enough like Beetlejuice. :)

I see what you are saying....I was trying to capture the "It's Showtime" face he made....this was my 2nd likeness attmpt so it really wasn't sure how it would come out if I was to do a really wacked out expression so I opted for the more relaxed "sinister" stare instead

Superb sculpt. Very impressed. Agree on dirtying up the paint-job a bit more... but man. Would LOVE to have that crazy cool looking bust! :thumbsup

the lighting is really harsh and so was my camera...I used my phone to take the pics....my wife had the good camera all day yesterday so I was left to use my cell phone...I actually didn't think that they came out that bad..but I see that the detail is washed out...I guess I was a little too eager:)

thanks for all the tips and honesty guys....I'm lovin' it all:thumbsup

seeing sculpted hair brings a tear to my eye... :cry

Great bust! I know firsthand these things are pain to make look good in pictures - try taking some out in the sunlight.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back