New Star Trek: The Exhibition (San Diego) Tunics

AshGL1914

Sr Member
Ok...so how did people obsessed with Star Trek clothes miss these?!? I just found this picture yesterday.
StarTrekExibitionShirts.jpg

These were spotted a while back, being sold in the gift shop for Star Trek: The Exhibition in San Diego for $60 bucks.
I don't post too often, but if you remember some of those old TOS tunic topics here and at ASAP, you know that I've wanted a tunic like the old Donmoor shirts of 70' Trekdom. These appear to be what I've wanted for years (but that long dreamed of project is now in the hands of a remarkable costumer, Orion Woman take a bow). Who the H#LL made these?! And how did internet trekkies miss them? I called The San Diego Air & Space Museum and spoke to the woman who runs the gift shop there. She said that the ST: Exhibition had their own gift shop but that they had run out of product and packed up their gift shop and left about a week ago. She had no information on the shirts and no contact info for the Exhibition gift shop. So...where did these tunics come from!?! They didn't come from the ST:Experence. I have one of those shirts an they arn't even close to being this accurate, with their regular t-shirt sleeve design, split hem, and round, really too big collar.
These look right. Not only do they have raglan sleeves, correct pointed collar, and better insignia, they even have gussets and the zipper!
So who's got the info on these? Anybody?

Ash

Last edited:
hmmm... no rank braids. I'd have to see more to know how accurate or good enough these are.

The Experience ones were junk... Rubies were better than those.

I would assume I had never seen it before, because I do not live in nor have I ever been to San Diego... a bit of a sore subject with me.

:confused

I've been lurking on the Trek costuming boards for over a year, and I have NEVER seen any mention of these!

For a piece of consumer merchandise they look really nice, much better than anything I've seen commercially available anywhere else.

Rick

They were made in Hong Kong for this gift shop.
They (paramount/CBS) had them commisioned for the exhibit and are different than what was sold at the Experience.
There were some made with Rank Braid but the Rank Braid was off.
Mobius

They were made in Hong Kong for this gift shop.
They (paramount/CBS) had them commisioned for the exhibit and are different than what was sold at the Experience.
There were some made with Rank Braid but the Rank Braid was off.
Mobius

Ok, now we need a way to get them.

John

I saw this exhibit while in San Diego from Comic Con. I didn't see these in the gift shop. I wonder if they had them or they may have been sold out by then.

BUMP

No one? 44 replies for WOK uniforms and no love for TOS?? Doesn't someone know anything about these Exhibition tunics that were for sale?

:cry

Rick

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back