Smaller blockade runner, do you know something about it ?

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hello guys,

Do you know something about this one ?

cap142.jpg

It's clearly not a preprod or a study model since it already has the final shape (hammer head).

Thanks for your help !

According to a 1978 article in Cinefantastic, this was used for the
opening fly over shot. It was machined from solid aluminum.
SmallBlockadeRunner.png

Rob

That is reknowned zen miniature maker Dave Beasley in the picture! I worked with him at Brick Price Movie Miniatures wayyy back in 1987. Great vintage picture.

Thanks guys :)

Yeah Rob Ive heard the same, unfortunatly I wasnt able to spot it on the screen !

Wow Andre, many thanks, never saw this pic, first time I see it finished and painted !

That's pic is really cool, there were more AMT kits built than I thought ! And that's very sad to see Red 5/4 in this state. :cry

Are some of those x-wings and falcons the old ERTL kits? I know some of the parts were used to detail ESB/ROTJ ships, but I didn't think whole kits were used for anything except maybe far off background ships or pyro.

Hey Julien,
recently i found this picture from someone who visited the
Lucas-Archives :cool

neuesbildst6.jpg

Andre

Are some of those x-wings and falcons the old ERTL kits? I know some of the parts were used to detail ESB/ROTJ ships, but I didn't think whole kits were used for anything except maybe far off background ships or pyro.

Six X-wings and two Falcons from the old MPC kits. There's one wing from a smaller X-wing. Maybe the snap-fit? But IIRC that wasn't released before ROTJ. Definitely more X-wings than we realized, eh?

Second the :cry over Luke's Red 5. Not a shock, thanks to the various members who have described this, but still very sad to see.

This means that the moderator must move all MPC kit builds of the X Wing and Millennium Falcon over to the Studio Scale thread ... Right? :lol

This means that the moderator must move all MPC kit builds of the X Wing and Millennium Falcon over to the Studio Scale thread ... Right? :lol

LOL! Heck, if I ever build an MPC in an authentic Jedi scheme, this is where I'll post it. :)

I cant tell you much about the model but thats Dave Beasly who built it. Next time I see him I will ask about it.

According to a 1978 article in Cinefantastic, this was used for the
opening fly over shot. It was machined from solid aluminum.
SmallBlockadeRunner.png

Rob

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back