Star Trek Romulan Disruptor Holster Tal Shiar Style

docholl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you were one of those lucky enough to win a screen-used DS9/Voyager era Romulan Tal Shiar costume WITH a disruptor holster, count your blessings. IAW only had 4-6 (no one knows for sure), and they are gone. For the rest of us who have those costumes but no holsters, life was looking a bit bleak...........until now.

After spending some time researching the materials and construction, I came up with a solution. Please keep in mind the follow three things;

1. This was my first attempt ever at this type of project.
2. The holster was made to look like the ones used on-screen using the same materials and construction, wherever possible.
3. The holster was made to look like a finished, refined product, not just a prop.

First, photos of original holsters sold by IAW;

holster1.jpg

holster2.jpg

holster7.jpg

Next, my holster;

romulan_holster1.jpg

romulan_holster5.jpg

romulan_holster6.jpg

romulan_holster8.jpg

romulan_holster10.jpg

romulan_holster11.jpg

romulan_holster12.jpg

romulan_holster13.jpg

The disruptor in the photos was cast from a made-for-production piece.

I plan on making a few very minor refinements to the next holster.

Comments are welcome. Thanks!

That holster looks like it's made to protect anyone from using it, including the user b/c it looks like barbed-wire!
(probably rubber, right?)

Either way, the belt clips, cleanliness of build and costume all look great.

Looks great! I wonder how much nagging it would take to get them to do a run of the older, "pointier" nub Dri-Dek?

-Sarge

WOW:eek

That took alot of work! Looks great!:thumbsup

You aren't kidding there! The rubber matting had a diagonal reinforcement that had to be hand chiseled out of many of the squares. The wet suit material had be hand cut and glued into place after weaving it into the holster body. There's more, but you get the idea.

Looks great! I wonder how much nagging it would take to get them to do a run of the older, "pointier" nub Dri-Dek?

-Sarge

Not familiar with that style. It would have to have been made over 10 years ago since the stuff I used is identical to what was used on DS9 and Voyager.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back