Prop Party in January 2009 in Memphis TN

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
Hey friends,

I always ALWAYS want to go to the Prop Parties and Comic Cons and really never have the money or the time. So, I got some advice from a few different people, asked a few Moderators here and on other boards for some advice and thought I would see if there is any interest in throwing a Prop Party in Memphis TN in January of 2009?

It is inexpensive to fly in and out of Memphis, there are a TON of inexpensive hotels, and I have family, friends, and business associates in Memphis and am there at least once a month.

Who would like to come to Memphis on the weekend of January 18th, if we host it in Memphis TN. It would not just be for Prop collectors, but any of your friends/family who want to get together and talk about comic books, movies, and of course, movie props, collectibles, and replicas!!

I am as we speak trying to get a showing of a movie, something - either a Star Wars, Dark Knight, Raiders, something - and thought we could all just have a GREAT time eating Southern BBQ, hanging out, and just in general praying that the world doesn't end before we get Star Wars Episode 7: Starring Mark Hammil as and older, wiser Luke Skywalker.

What are your thoughts about a Memphis TN prop party in January 2009? Who would come, and what suggestions do you have? What price range do you want for the hotel rooms? Do you want to spend a little bit more and stay somewhere nice, or do you all prefer something simple like a Holiday Inn?

Let me know the in's and out's and I will start calling around and making reservations.

Good ideas are greatly appreciated!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Now I need some interest! If we can't get about 20, 30 people to come, it won't be cost effective. I don't mind paying some of the costs to rent a convention hall type-area, but if I can't get people there..... :lol:lol:lol

Anyone interested??

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back