USCM camo BDU's?

Spoox

I am sure it has been asked before and I did do a search but does anyone have an idea where to find some USCM bdu's?

All I can find is Man at arms but his site isn't up and I tried to sign up on the forums at sci fi militairy but it is not approving me after I signed up.

Are there alternatives? i hear Safariflage but it doesn't seem quite right?

2PATFS3_Small.gif

Last edited:
I have a pair of MAA's 3Pats done waiting on me to decide how to ship. It all depends how accurate you want to be.

Thanks!

Greg

I know this is a real old thread but i wanted to revive it to see if there was ever light shined on where to get accurate aliens colonial marine bdus i looked at the safarilage but i have the same uneasy feeling that they are not very close to the original bdus used

As Eagle said, MAA is the only screen accurate source out there.

The screen used ones were made from a discarded roll of material, not from any field used military pattern of camo.

Lol, I spent ages finding those links again and copying the images, only to realise I'd posted the exact same thing a few posts above! :unsure :lol :$

You want the 3rd generation MAA bdus. (3pat)

I spent many hours drawing the pattern to get it right.

MAA might be on this forum as well.

Screen accurate is Cotton twill, but if you want something
for warm weather, he offers a ripstop version as well.

The screen used ones were made from a discarded roll of material, not from any field used military pattern of camo.
That's kind of a mixture of two facts there. The screen used BDUs were made using a custom printed pattern loosely based on an existing one. In the 1990s a UK model store called 'Fiction & Fantasy Models' got hold of what's believed to be the last remaining roll of the original material and made some replica sets from it.

Harry

You want the 3rd generation MAA bdus. (3pat)

I spent many hours drawing the pattern to get it right.

MAA might be on this forum as well.

Screen accurate is Cotton twill, but if you want something
for warm weather, he offers a ripstop version as well.

i applied for a member ship at the foroum eagle posted

and cotton twill would be fine im in texas so dont ever really need any thing for warm weather being its always warm here even in winter haha

That's kind of a mixture of two facts there. The screen used BDUs were made using a custom printed pattern loosely based on an existing one. In the 1990s a UK model store called 'Fiction & Fantasy Models' got hold of what's believed to be the last remaining roll of the original material and made some replica sets from it.

Harry

Thanks Harry,

I had heard the story as it was a discarded prototype that was rejected, thanks for setting me straight.

Oh I see what you mean now. That's a possibility although it's never come up before to my knowledge. If the costume designer could be contacted to find out that would give us a definite answer.

Harry

I've always heard that it was based on an old and obscure (possibly French) pattern called frog or frog and leaf but I could be wrong. The Aliens Legacy forum would probably be the best place to ask around, I'm not too sure that military forums would be of as much help as the folks over Aliens Legacy.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back