USCM camo BDU's?

Nope, it's not off the shelf (at least that I'm aware of) we did some digging for a few months and came across the pattern image after searching page after page of Google, etc. I printed up a copy after sizing it as close I could and then did a comparison to the MAA stuff and then had a sample printed from Spoonflower (8x8). If it's correct we'll definitely have to have it custom printed, I get the sample in the mail today. My only fear is the image won't have enough detail or will come out too dark.

EDIT: Pobably would have been easier if I just put the pattern image up to begin with...

USCM_sample

Last edited:
That looks close, but you really should check the source of the image - Just because it's on Google doesn't mean it's public domain, and I don't think Spat or Aaron would take too kindly to your accidentally using their actual patterns - Dunno how MAA would react, could go either way. He's not what I'd call the most stable of personalities, and whilst he did duck out owing a lot of money and goods to a lot of people, it'd still be wrong to outright nick his work.
If the image is a scan from screen-used, on the other hand - You're golden.

Suppose it's pretty much a "Is it recasting?" situation, albeit slightly closer to paper prop designs than solids...

I spent a lot of time drawing the 3PAT for MAA.

I wouldn't be too happy if someone ganked it.

Wow.

The image was found doing a common search using the same boolean anyone could use (Aliens, USCM, frog/leaf pattern, etc.) and was found on Photobucket, which is public domain unless secured by the owner or otherwise marked as copyright. Neither of which are the case for this image.

Um...

I'd be careful with that line of reasoning mate.
I'm not trying to rain on your parade for the hell of it -I'm trying to stop my friends from getting ripped off, and stop you from inadvertently ripping them off.

The fact you found it on Photobucket means precisely NOTHING.
If that pattern turns out to be one that Noble or MAA drew, then it doesn't matter where you found it - It still belongs to them, and you cannot print and sell material from it.
Ownership does not disappear just because someone uploaded something to an image host!

If you really do want to make your own fabric, I have some decent photos of a screen-used set of BDUs I can send you, and you can draw the pattern yourself from those...

Just for fun I've emailed a custom camouflage fabric company in the US for a quote.
I'll let you know if they ignore me or say how much it costs for a minimum order of fabric.
:)
I think it says it somewhere on therpf? Has it ever been agreed upon which uniform was the basis of the USCM uniform? I mean the design and not the camo.

Response from camo company:

We can easily print this camo on fabric for you. For standard production the MOQ is 3000 yards, depending on the type of fabric chosen would cost somewhere around $10,000 - $12,000. However if you are looking to do very small yardages like 100-500 yards we do have ways to accomplish that. Please give me a little more detail about the following and I will let you know what options you have:

1. Estimated yardage you want to buy

2. Type of fabric: woven or knit, cotton or poly, approx. weight

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back