Assassin's Creed costume showoff *updated pics page 3*

EchoSix

I "shopped" myself into an existing production art piece...

27.jpg

I've been working on this freaking thing, on and off, for almost a year now. I had one guy make the armor pieces and another ENORMOUSLY talented guy did all the leather work for me.

IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

If you zoom into the little "medallion" on the brown bag here, there's a little cameo of a superhero involved. :lol It's a squished penny from our local Six Flags Superman Ride of Steel roller-coaster. :D

I made all the weapons and after dealing with a nightmarish seamstress, I finally gave up and wound up altering all of the fabric parts myself.

IMG_3171.jpg

I've got more pictures here... http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v487/echosix/Altair%20costume/, along with a couple of videos of the hidden blade at work.

I still need to distress everything, to make it look more beat up, as well as darken the gloves. They're a good quality suede leather that already have baseball glove oil on them. I don't know if nything will darken them now, since that's on there.

Last edited:
Re: Assassin's Creed costume showoff

I only have one complaint

...you seem to have all of your fingers :lol

that is well done indeed. it seems like every day I'm more and more impressed by what shows up here

:lol Thanks. And yeah... My wife asked me what I was gonna' do about my finger. I think I'll either take a black sharpy to it or just leave it be. I've seen some guys actually tape it back or even Krazy Glue it to their palms :confused... I'm not worried about it though. :lol

Thanks again.

:D

Dang man.... Really makes me want to finish my altair project :(

It turned out fantastic though! Be proud! ... And then Get er dirty. :D

I recommend jumping into hay, climbing clay buildings, rolling through dirt, horse riding, killing people,.... ...err.

That's awesome work dude! Altair is going to be one of my projects for next year. You've certainly set the bar quite high.

Is this a fun game? Is it anything like splinter cell?

Brad

Well, Assassin's Creed is a FAR more visually STUNNING game and offers an amazing amount of control of the environment. Splinter Cell is simply bad-a$$! They're similar only in that both characters are lone assassin's/covert operatives (obviously separated by a few centuries) and that they both depend on their gadgets, as well as hand to hand skills.

The major differences between the two games, is that Splinter Cell is a "hide in the dark" game and Assassin's is a "hide in plain site" game.

I love games like this. Of course Call of Duty and stuff like that is fun, where you work in conjunction with other team mates... But I prefer games like Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed, where it's just ME playing against the game. I'm not into playing Live games. Never tried it and don't have the time, nor desire.

Splinter Cell is a FAR better game to play... But Assassin's Creed really can't BE compared to any other game on the market.

The visuals and the environment are like nothing else. he artwork and design and historical accuracy, stand alone, from all other video games.

What DOES ROYALLY suck about Assassin's Creed though, is how monotonously repetitive the game is. You basically just roam around, uncover secrets, kill some bad guys and do it all over again.. Again, and again.

But it's staggeringly beautiful.

So, there's my review. :D

Splinter Cell: Conviction was due out a few times... But it keeps getting pushed back further and further.

The same company who makes both games (Ubisoft), put Assassin's on the market, juuuuust before Conviction was due out. And they realized that the graphics and gameply in Conviction was obsolete already. They had to go back and redesign the game from scratch. Splinter Cell: Conviction copies the same format as Assassin's now, where he now has to take cover in public places, very much like Altair does. And the interraction between all the other "people" in the game, has to be convincing.. Especially after they did it with SUCH APPALING detail, in Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:

Looks absolutely stunning! The leather-work is top-notch, did you do it all yourself? Hope to see this in person at DragonCon

Whoah :eek

That is an awesome Altair! As for the game Loved it, but was bummed out at the ending .
Can't wait to see it weathered and more beat up!

Aloha

Chris

very well done!! you should find a way to replicate the blue "matrixy' background like when transitioning between memories inside the anibus (spelling?) that would make some good pictures.

Awesome work! It took me a bit to realize what was photoshopped in the AC picture. The costume looks great!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back