Bank Heist Joker Costume

GrenadeKing

Sr Member
I've been thinking of putting together the Jokers outfit from the opening scene. Everybody else is going for the full suit, I figured this might be a neat costume to tackle, and it should (in theory) be far easier to compose.

It seems to consist mainly of a grey suit, a blue patterned shirt, some kind of shoes, and black leather gloves, along with the mask of coarse.

Now, the two pieces that will be hardest to find (for me at least) are the shirt and the shoes.

I know I've seen the shoes before but I can't recall any information as to what brand or style they may be.

I found some pictures that should illustrate both shirt pattern and shoes pretty well.

jokerbank6.jpg

jokerbank3.jpg

jokerbank2.jpg

If anybody could share any information they might be able to come across, that would be really cool. :cool

A decent shot of the back of the shoes. I also have a decent shot of the shirt pattern, but cannot find it at the moment... I'll post it when I do.

93465280ka1.jpg

also, The shirt looks like something tacky you might be able to get at walmart =-p maybe something close to it at least. where are you getting the mask from?

GOOD PROJECT! I don't think the purple suit is for me, too much work amid too many projects.

A decent shot of the back of the shoes. I also have a decent shot of the shirt pattern, but cannot find it at the moment... I'll post it when I do.

93465280ka1.jpg

Is it wrong to say that I love you? :lol

All kidding aside, that's a great shot! :eek

No Mask yet Punisher. There are options out there though. Somebody on here is doing a really great one. I'm not sure if it's going to be a run or not but it might be something to consider. I've also been thinking about re-inforcing and repainting a rubies, but I don't know what material it's made from. There are options though, so I wanted to tackle the more difficult part of identifying the various wardrobe pieces beforehand.

It looks like there is a logo and I was thinking adidas BUT they have the signature three stripes. Any other shoe companies that have a triangle shaped logo?

How good is the rubies mask? Ive never seen an actual photo of it other than the stock factory images.
Its probably made of vinyl I had a darth maul mask years ago made by rubies and it was vinyl.

Last edited:
I've been doing some research and I'm starting to think that both the purple suit shoe and the bank heist shoe are a pair of Aldo Shoes.

Perhaps an older model, but if you look closely at the heel of the left foot in the photo I posted earlier, you can see a little triangle.

Aldo's logo is a triangle.

Also, and I may be thinking too hard about this, but there is an Aldo Shoe store only a few blocks from where the Bank heist was filmed.

I don't think your looking into it too hard at all. I checked out their website for the bank heist shoe and they have several very similar designs. Nothing exactly like that (at least now anyway) but pretty close.

As for the rubies mask, I'm not sure what it's made from. I've heard it was soft or flexible, but I don't know its thin plastic of vinyl or what.

There is a Aldo Shoes Outlet store less than 5 minutes from my home. I'm going there in about an hour... I'll post with my findings...

Probably will. Finding a blue duffle bag should be easier than finding the rest of this stuff. :lol

Speaking of which, the outfit is on display somewhere. I think this photo was taken in Rome.
http://flickr.com/photos/78371763@N00/2677114808/in/photostream/

It shows the shoes and the color of the suit and shirt. There's only 2 pictures though. I doubt that the guy was a prop nut like us folk so nothing detailed enough to get a lock on any brands with. Make me wonder where the suit will be going though or if anyone else has, or can take pictures.

yes that's rome, i went there with full photografic power, ready to tke hundreds of pictures, but they were moving the stand right when i arrived!

Tecnoninja is a fellow rpf member and he might have taken some pic!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back