1/350 scale Enterprise NCC-1701 refit from Polar Lights

Was that ship in "Attack of the Clones'?
icon_biggrin.gif

Jedi Dade - you wouldn't believe how irritated my wife gets that I say that like Sulu (from the Futuram episode). I can't utter those words without saying it like Takei.

But I am really, really looking forward to this. It's the only thing that's kept me from buying one of the Bandai models.

yea.

Heart,....skipping beat,...
salivary glands,.....salivating..
I CANNOT wait to get my mitts on that thing!
Goodbye AMT/ERTL kits! Hello three foot sweetie!
The only pity being that we have to wait till October, (at the earliest) for the damn thing to hit the shelves
icon_frown.gif

Thanks for that info though! I was wondering about that!
Sean

That is an incredible model. Being able to paint this thing will be a treat at such a larger scale. I would like to to do some nice mods on it also. Scratch build some interior sections and such. Im going to get one of these for sure.
icon_smile.gif

Carl

this thing is awesome! I can't wait for it! I have a question though. Isn't the NX-01 enterprise 1/350, and if that's true shouldn't this model be a bit larger? I'm not complaining by any stretch just wondering psuedo out loud if the stated scale is correct.

Jedi Dade

According to Ex Astris Scientia, NX-01 is 225 meters long, while NCC-1701 (refit) is 305 meters long.

Other references say that NX-01 is 190 or 230 meters long.

How big is that thing anyway?
icon_lol.gif

In any case, if the NX is about 3/4 of the length of the 1701 refit, you end up with something like this...

nx-01_vs_1701refit.jpg

...which gives the NX a saucer hull about the same size as the refit!

- K

One for the 1701 refit, one for the 1701A (parts and decals for both included) and one to kitbash.

Or one as a TMP refit and two to make a REALLY BIG STARGAZER!!

Cheers

Tony

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Spellbinder99 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
One for the 1701 refit, one for the 1701A (parts and decals for both included) and one to kitbash.

Or one as a TMP refit and two to make a REALLY BIG STARGAZER!!

Cheers

Tony
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Close... the third one I was thinking of making into a large version of the "destroyed" 1701....

Stargazer.............Hmmmmmmmmm
What I wouldn't give for a Stargazer!!!!!
My Kingdom for a Stargazer, if I only had a Kingdom, eh!!
icon_wink.gif

Any speculations on what the price is gonna be on this thing?
Maybe in the neighborhood of the NX-01? Maybe?

Kenny

Hmmm... I was under the aparently mistaken impression that the NX was a lot smaller (or the refit was bigger). I know that the refit is larger the the TOS, and I thought that the TOS was a good deal larger the then NX. Guess I was wrong
icon_wink.gif
Oh well, I was bound to be wrong sometime this year
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>

Any speculations on what the price is gonna be on this thing?
Maybe in the neighborhood of the NX-01? Maybe?

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

You can pre-order it from various sites already. The price ranges anywhere from $41.99 - $60.

I got mine for $41.99
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the link!
It says "out of stock". Since this is really a pre-order, I wonder if that means they've sold out of their allotment already. Or is it safe to pre-order anyhow?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back