Death Star Surface Tiles

I learn about these now...just 2 days after finishing my SS X-wing....

I'd be interested in a set of the 3" if you're still making them...have a few projects in mind...Y-wing, FM X-wing, AMT X-wings...the list goes on and on...

J

Hmmmm....exhuast port. That's a good idea. I've been thinking that if I ever get a red 1 finished I'd pose it above the exhaust port area of the death star. That'd help a lot. I'm thinking it'd have to be the whole large square piece, at least 20 inches square to accomodate the size of the port and the surroundings though. Just a thought.

Sorry, don't mean to digress from the thread, but if any of you are interested in a smaller scale, my company is coming out with a 1:350 Death Star surface diorama, complete with trench, gun emplacements, X-wings, TIEs, and a TIE advanced. Sorry, no Y-wings. Should be by the end of the year. Thanks, now we return to this awesome looking work!

Sorry, don't mean to digress from the thread, but if any of you are interested in a smaller scale, my company is coming out with a 1:350 Death Star surface diorama, complete with trench, gun emplacements, X-wings, TIEs, and a TIE advanced. Sorry, no Y-wings. Should be by the end of the year. Thanks, now we return to this awesome looking work!

You cant mention that and not show pix. PIX PLEASE.

Sorry, the DS trench is still in the CAD design phase, nothing of value to show yet.

Actually, in 1:350, the TIEs and X-wings are a little smaller than Micro-machine size. Those masters are done, and well detailed for their size. They were printed/grown.

Boooooo!

Just found someone has been recasting my 6 inch modules and selling on EBAY.

They are called 'propsandtoys' and have made a large base for the MR millennium Falcon out of them. Looks like they may have done some of there own work too (or recast someone elses) as they have a module 3, which I haven't done yet.

Anyone here know who they are?

M

well that sucks! still haven't built my own base from the tile you sold me 2 years ago:behave found them last week while packing to sell the house.

Well I'm not selling any on ebay...but if people are reselling tiles they've got from me then thats all fine... but thats not what propsandtoys have done!

@Locke_333 That sounds like me with all the 'projects' I am "just about to start" ;O)

I've seen those as well... I wasn't sure if they were re-casts or if it was you that was selling your tiles....

I still haven't put together my base either from your wonderful tiles... though you *will* get some pictures once I do as promised :)

I too have a bunch of tiles just waiting to become model bases! Not enough hours in the day... :(

Sorry to hear you're being recast. Your tiles are some of the finest resin castings I've ever seen.

A concerted effort to figure out "whom" is recasting and selling minifigs work should be done. Do you mind if I ask if you sold your stuff on any other boards?
But on a different note, your work is impeccable.

WOW, Jedimaster, I'm impressed by your memory! I had a quick look through my messages and paypal addresses to see if I could spot the 'Melbourne, Florida' location stated on EBAY, but didn't turn up anything.

@Checksum, i've only ever shown or sold the tiles through the RPF (it's the only place that counts ;O) )

I appreciate the digging around, I'm not overly annoyed, but more concerned about this person not ripping off anyone elses hard word on this forum, so I suppose we do need to find out who it is.

M

They are on Facebook as 'Sci-Fi Collectibles LLC' if that triggers anything to anyone. They even have photos with an x-wing. Looks like 'they' have also been making Vader suit and R2D2 parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back