Watchmen: Rorschach's mask...

I think this is 100% doable, but it would take lots of time, money and effort.

Me personally, have none of the above!

Me neither! :lol

It would be so cool to attend the first available viewing of Watchmen with a Rorschach mask. Let's get the ball rolling again.

I've seen a few quality-looking masks on eBay (quite high prices), but there's also some regular white masks for sale to "DIY" the ink blots in (much cheaper option). How hard would this be to do? I've never dealt with costumes before, but the cheaper option would be cooler since I could say I did it myself, but I don't want to do a shoddy job, hence the question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, maybe a moving ink blot mask won't be so feasible. How about a non-moving mask? I've been contemplating making my own, but I really don't know how good it will turn out. I've seen tutorials online that say using the feet portion of white and black tights and making a few layers out of it, and painting the ink blotch on the top white layer. Has anyone tried that yet? Would it look decent in-person? I'm trying to put-together a Rorschach costume for the premiere of the movie, and the mask seems to be the most difficult part.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back