The Aleithiometer - Nobles Golden Compass

goldenage

For those of you thinking about picking up the Noble Collection golden compass, here's a few shots of mine. It has both good points and bad - but for the moment I'm too stoked to be overly critical: I've wanted one of these for 10 years.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

Yes...details, please. Like pricing, quality, moving parts, etc.?

Also: is that a Gringott's money bag next to it?

And that's a LOVELY Totoro statue in the back! From what I can see... :)

-Gordon

Yes...details, please. Like pricing, quality, moving parts, etc.?

Also: is that a Gringott's money bag next to it?

And that's a LOVELY Totoro statue in the back! From what I can see... :)

-Gordon

It was 150 US (with a 50 dollar discount via some code that came with the DVD) Noble are cranking it out for 200 US and 150 UK. If it doesn't sell it might be on ebay for 50$ in a few months, who knows?

Its well made, very solid and heavy and the hands all move independently causing the fourth needle to swing round - all pretty and accurate. BUT! There are one or two ugly casting seams and the inner dome is plastic rather than glass - I will have that replaced if at all possible.

Yes that's a Totoro statue and yes it's a honey, but no it's not a gringots money pouch, it's my collection of traditionally made coins inspired by LOTR.

Looks very nice. I've been tempted by this piece a lot. Any idea if that discount code has run out yet that came with the DVD? At $200 it seems a bit high, but at $150 I'd probably do it.

Oh good! I'm glad to see it's FINALLY shipping out. I've had mine on order since the movie came out back in December!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back