looking for ejection seat

Deleted

Sr Member
I am looking for this ejection seat. I think it may be from a Corsair II.
It is about 3cm (just over 1 inch) tall, so I am guessing 1:32?

Any ideas?

Tim

I cant find a vintage Corsair to even view sadly, though from what i see on the Trumpeter kit, its fairly close going by the little recess patterns along the seats sidewall. Hmm!

lee

Thanks RKW, thatnks Adam.

I had already been to that ejection site. That is where I found the Corsair 2 seat.

The one I am looking for is from a 1:32 scale kit. I don't think it's the Trumpeter.

I will just start buying kits until I have found it.

Tim

Try Hasegawa's 1/32nd A4 Skyhawk. I had one a number of years ago and the ejection seat looks the same from memory. I had the limited edition OA-4M version but I would hazard a guess and say the seat will be in all versions.

Try Hasegawa's 1/32nd A4 Skyhawk. I had one a number of years ago and the ejection seat looks the same from memory. I had the limited edition OA-4M version but I would hazard a guess and say the seat will be in all versions.

Thanks. I found this picture and I think the seat may be 1:48th scale.
And that it could be from a A-4 Seahawk.

Tim

It's definitely an escapac seat, they were fitted to corsair II and skyhawks,..I'm not an expert in 32nd kits but these seats are in the 1/48th scale kits so I think it's a good bet they're in 1/32nd stuff as well..

Cheers

Phil

It is an Escapac seat as the side pattern is unmistakeable. The Hasegawa A-4 is the only kit I can think of that might have had it in 1/32 in injection plastic. Hasegawa did a 1/48 A-7 Corsair as well. I suppose perhaps Revell might have done the seat for one of their 1/32 scale jets, but I don't recall which one might have utilized an Escapac seat with 100% certainty.

Do you need it to act as a seat or to act as a greeblie bit for detailing? What model is it going in? Reason I ask is by knowing the vintage of the original studio model, one can narrow down the possible candidates.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back