Any Blade Runner Model experts ?

Ging

Anyone recognise this creation ? Its a blade runner spinner about 3.5 inches long. Trying to work out exactly what it is. It seems to be made of resin and is very light.The cockpit is detailed with seats and a control panel. A high level of detail for a scratch build. Some areas are more detailed than others. It originated in the UK.

29072008249.jpg

29072008250.jpg

29072008251.jpg

Last edited:
Filming miniature?

I am hoping someone can verify this for me. The model shows signs of natural aging. A lot of effort has been put into the underside cockpit and plan view where as the back and front are not really crafted as well.

I understand from my own research the 3.5 model created 'dissapeared' after filming. The person I bought it from supplied some information which could tie into the dissapearence but I am hoping someone can say two things

1 It is a know recast done by the crew or a modernish fan replica
2 It looks like a filming model

I looked at some of my pics of screen used ones and though it does have a lot of similarities they all seemed to have the laser fins on the front wheel pods. Could be cast from one, and then modified afterwards. It also has the window treatment that I have seen from the Warner Brothers backlot full size prop which is weird. I don't have access to all my pictures at this time, but i will look some more for you.

Andy

For anyone who hasn't scoured the UCE of BR, you can plainly see this model being produced. It seems it was some kind of Wrap Gift. Those out there are very limited and even the copies a very few due to the low production.

It was a garage kit made during production, before there were garage kits!

For anyone who hasn't scoured the UCE of BR, you can plainly see this model being produced. It seems it was some kind of Wrap Gift. Those out there are very limited and even the copies a very few due to the low production.

It was a garage kit made during production, before there were garage kits!

Can you point to which part of the DVD it's seen in ? That could tie in with the back-story that came with it. It was given away as a prize in a competition.

I got no further with this and its sat on my bookshelf.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back