Judge Dredd Lawgiver

Raffles

Sr Member
Looking to get some info on this kit I bought on ebay a few years ago. Just about to start building it and was wondering if anyone recognizes it or knows who made it? Click pics for bigger/better quality.

It's made of a yellowish resin, solid and weighs a ton.

Side view -

The top slide comes off and is hollow, no trigger. -

Size comparison with a standard AA battery -

This thing is big. Here it is beside a MRCE -

Anyway I got it with a white metal sight rail which I lost and I managed to pick up some amazing parts here to finish it. Anyone know who made this?

I have no clue. The only one I have seen is the single piece that could be used as a boat anchor.

Thanks!

Greg

From the pics, it could possibly be an original Comet Minatures kit that they produced ages ago, or a recast of said kit. It originaly came with a plastic tube for the barrel and a basic white metal trigger and sight rail. Oversized and handled like a brick.
If you still want a movie Lawgiver closer to the actual prop, check out Youtube for the Rob Cowley version....thats what I'm waiting for.:love

Looking to get some info on this kit I bought on ebay a few years ago. Just about to start building it and was wondering if anyone recognizes it or knows who made it? Click pics for bigger/better quality.

Side view -

The top slide comes off and is hollow, no trigger. -

Size comparison with a standard AA battery -

This thing is big. Here it is beside a MRCE -

Anyway I got it with a white metal sight rail which I lost and I managed to pick up some amazing parts here to finish it. Anyone know who made this?

thanks, that sounds about right it being the comet or a recast. there's some bubbling and marks that look like screws in the handle. Also the size is right for the hershey firing prop shroud so the kit may have been measured from this.

I may do a step-by-step build of this if anyone's interested?

Hey Raffles

You might want to take a wonder over to Megacity Justice, there is about to be a run on a Judge Dredd Lawgiver over there.

You wont be dissapointed when you see it.

There will possibly be an interest thread here but not for a long while.

heres the link http://megacityjustice.yuku.com/

Hmm, I'll have to look out my old membership. lol!

I'm actually finishing up this kit for a larger project I'm working on.

A fair number of years ago I picked up a one-piece version of what looks like the same model, from Forbidden Planet, back when it was on New Oxford St. No packaging, nothing; but the guy let be have it for £10 as the sight/whammy/secondary barrel thing was chipped.
One day I might even paint it.

Think this was the kit I sold a while ago (recognise the muliput filled areas ;) )

I bought it from the comet miniatures shop years back when I was a wee nipper, but never got around to ever making it. The kit version allows it to be customised more so you can add a light mechanism etc. It's also alot cleaner casted than the whole version.

looking forward to seeing it finished :)

Last edited:
Actually I'm pretty sure it's my old one. That's my temporary black paint-pen around the rear greeblies while I was trying to get a smooth fairing around them. I also opened up some of the vents in the barrel.

I bought it from Comet Miniatures when they first came out. I think it was made by a chap named Mamas, who might come around here occasionally, not sure.

Later on they re-issued it with a lot more space inside for fitting in electronics etc. This one was just too much work for me.

You're its second owner, Raffles. Sorry you lost the sight. :confused

PS: "No, I'm Spartacus!" :lol

The plasticard was because I was thinking of moulding the whole thing to make another, hollow one. Never got round to it, sadly. :confused

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back