Need help with Rocketeer Jetpack

jedi.si

Hi guys, I currently have the full rocketeer costume

ashton.jpg

now thought it'd be cool to have smoke coming out of the jets via switch in my gloves, I've found "smoke in a can" aerosol, but can't find a suitable way of releasing it, is there anything out there that I can buy or will I have to mod some sort of battery powered pressure device?
Thanks in advance
Si.

the problem is going to be the speed at which the smoke is released. nozzle control on an aerosol can is very fine and usually beyond the reach of an automatic system as each aerosol cans tolerance on the spray head is different from can to can.

therefore, it would have to be a very big can to last any worthwhile amount of time.

you could build a R/C controlled system. a mounting pack, batteries, a servo, a reciever etc rigged to a can, but again, you have the problem of gradual release so the affect lasts

Nutty idea I thought of for a similar mates Halloween costume -

What if the smoke / fog was sprayed into a box in the back, then use PC cooling fans (or similar) to direct it out the jet exhaust? Maybe add bright LEDs (halogen flashlights?) to make the fog glow?

oh that's a sweet setup. there you go mate. one solution. and mechanically very easy to accomplish. kudo's the the TDH guy for doing it and providing the info

If it is a standard aerosol can and will work upside down/sideways you could get one of the trigger adapters for spray paint cans and then use a camera cable release to depress the trigger. A simple L bracket in front of the trigger with a threaded hole should work, but you would probably want to add a piece of bar stock over the trigger to prevent the cable release from wearing down the plastic.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back