The other Jawa blaster (the one not made from an Enfield.)

Far out!!! I was thinking / hoping this was the case. It is an exceptional blaster due to its parts and the thought process behind its creation.

Sneak peek...

The couplings shown are NEW, I´ll be receiving the exactly same model in "as removed" condition.
And YES, the pink/ blue is accurate :lol I took some closeup pictures of the Jawa blaster on SW identities, where a) the pink is showing through the paint and b) there´s blue showing through looking down the venturi :cool
AE%20coupling_zpsalcet0my.jpg

And here´s the second venturi I just closed the deal for (has a bad weld repair at the suction connection, but should serve my purpose ;))
venturi_zps5lunemgk.jpg

Will be able to scale the wooden stock with these main components, but all the other parts (including the "connector-ring(s)" between the coupling and the venturi are still a mystery (and will surely cost a LOT of money :lol).

Markus

The pink and blue amuse me.

Hah...you should have seen my dumb face expression when I looked at the closeup pictures I´ve taken at SW identities. I somehow still can´t believe that these couplings had these colorful anodization back in the 70´s, BUT HEY....the prop prooves us wrong.

Or could it be that this blaster was specifically built for the SE, so the prop dept used more modern parts? :wacko

Back in the glory days of the RPF, this find would have caused excitement amongst us die-hard collectors and builders...seems like the good old days are finally gone :lol

What the heck...I keep on posting about OT anyway and leave it up to others to open the 30th thread about Kylo rens helmet or saber :D

I assume exitement on news is in direct correlation to a possible availability. A piece that can be found for the own collection is always more interesting than any part that is to rare and/or expensive to keep the faith to get one.

But of course i may be wrong - it happened once or twice before. ;)

Might need your Services to get the connector between the coupling and the venturi machined....what is the maximum O.D. your lathe can handle?

Very good of you Markus. Was never interested in the other Jawa blaster, but this one has a wonderful design.

i love imagining the scapyards that all of these very different parts came from, from plane exhausts, to couplings, to camera parts, to war paraphernalia. So fun. Thanks to all those scavengers for keeping the OT part hunt alive.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back