The other Jawa blaster (the one not made from an Enfield.)

Some sizes to compare with the prop. I'm thinking the gap in the prop's fork may be a little wider.

JetProStrut2 size1b.jpg

Some sizes to compare with the prop. I'm thinking the gap in the prop's fork may be a little wider.

View attachment 463591

Side note... while I don´t think it is the part, but do you guys see the similarities of the connection piece to the right compared with most of the mounts used on the EP1 Naboo blasters??? ;)

Markus

Last edited:
I just found this for the possible trigger housing, from a Bell:

image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Not sure about the dimensions, but looks pretty good I think! I am inquiring to the owner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I love you guys ;)...keep the suggestions coming

Still waiting on some more info about the couplings...did I say, that I am an IMPATIENT person :lol !?

WHY, oh WHY are all of the parts we need to recreate these props so damn expensive!? :(

Markus

I heard back from the owner of that last Bell part. Way too small. Here is what he had to say:

"In inches Overall length 3.375, overall width 1.110, distance between "blades" .860, thickness of each blade .125, side dimension of blades .750, bolt hole dia. .310, center line of hole to bottom of channel about 1.00, thread 7/16-14 RH, weight 3.2 Oz"

I asked him if he is aware of them making any larger ones than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here have any rough estimates on any of the dimensions of this blaster? Is the 27" length estimate all we have to go on? Any photos not already posted in here?

I do not. I know Odiwan72 inquired on the one very similar part but I don't think the seller responded with measurements, AND it was not an exact matching part number anyway. I never counted the teeth on the locking rings either (not that they couldn't just make smaller or larger teeth).

I think the best sure comparison at this point is that Gaffi stick in the photo of the sand person and the Jawa at the beginning of thread. Does anyone have dimensions for one of those? Were there dimensional variations in the Gaffi sticks?

Alright. I've done some more digging and have some more questions.
I found this buried in an Eaton page on their site pertaining to their part numbers and what each number indicates (this image is very small, I know. I will replace it with a larger image tomorrow):

image.jpg

This may or may not be useful as they obviously have amended/revamped their parts numbering/ID system since the Jawa blaster part was manufactured. However, I think that within the visible part number on the blaster, they have still embedded information regarding sizing. It is difficult to read the actual part number on the half coupling though, probably due to corrosion and weathering by Bapty's/ILM, but I think the part number is redundantly posted in two separate spots. Do you agree that these two numbers are probably the same (from the photos posted on page 2 of this thread)?

image.jpg

I am reading this as "A884485P" or "4884485P". What do you see? I get these two possible numbers from merging the two separately placed part numbers. Also, the part number in the top photo appears to have another series of characters/digits following what I have mentioned.

Finally, if we can put any real credence in the 27" length for the Jawa blaster, and the 29" length for the RotJ EE-3, we should be able to chop this down into usable rough measurements. But I think one step better is to simply use the estimated 27" Jawa blaster length and this ASI 4x20 scope, which has a length of 11 1/8". I apologize for not having this matched up horizontally, as the only image on my phone is this one:

image.jpg

I don't know if someone can place this horizontally below the Jawa blaster (or I can do it tomorrow), and hopefully we can get a good somewhat rough read on the dimensions.

Last edited:
Hi Andy

I agree, that both pictures show the same part number, but it reads AExxx, not A8xxx IMHO.
Don´t know if I already posted this info, but I contacted Aeroqip some time ago. please see my mail and their reply below:

My email:
"...I am currently researching the details and background to a vintage quick coupling and hoped that you might be able to help me by answering some questions... based on the reference pictures I have, the parts-no. of the vintage coupling I look for is/ was AE9?4485P, but there is no match for that.
I found a similar parts-no. in your cataloges, which is AE94185P (a "hydraulic coupling", available since 1977).
In addition to that I found another -identical or at least similar- coupling with no. AE96996P (a "self sealing coupling", available since 1993).

Question: are there any drawings, pictures and measurements of the AE94185P and the AE96996P available, that you would be able to send me (or tell me where to find)? are these two couplings identical with regards to overall dimensions?..."

AE´s reply:
"...The AE94185P is a Male Bulkhead QD that comes with a lanyard attached Cap. It has a “special” end configuration specifically for a customer. This is most likely NOT a QD that would fit a “normal” application.

The AE96996P is also a Male Bulkhead QD that comes with a lanyard attached cap. It is for Phosphate Ester Base Fluids (Skydrol). 600 PSIG operating pressure. Has a standard Flareless MS33514 end. The Reference Coupled dimension would be 5.18 +/- .044 inches.

Dimensionally, these two QD’s are different with respect to the different style male ends...."

I will go hunting for the AE94185P :)

Markus

Last edited:
So does that mean the person is saying the piece we found (that was purple) is dimensionally the same to the one on the Jawa blaster, except for the male lanyard cap part? I will contact that seller again. I am assuming that the 5 inches the Eaton Aeroquip person mentioned has to be the horizontal dimension (if the blaster is prone), and not the height of the coupling. Is that a reasonable assumption to make?

So does that mean the person is saying the piece we found (that was purple) is dimensionally the same to the one on the Jawa blaster, except for the male lanyard cap part? I will contact that seller again. I am assuming that the 5 inches the Eaton Aeroquip person mentioned has to be the horizontal dimension (if the blaster is prone), and not the height of the coupling. Is that a reasonable assumption to make?

Assumption: yes, reasonable: maybe :lol

Anyway, the ebay sellers price for one coupling was ridiculous

Markus

I've reserved this typing box for when I can think of something sensible to type.

Edit: Nope, this still excites me far too much :D

Last edited:
Since the "transaction" I was basing my last post on will happen with some delay, here´s some info for you guys.

As some of you already guessed, I am the new owner of the recently discovered venturi and might have a lead on another one (these are rare as hens teeth and cost quite a bit of money :cry). I was also able to positively identify the correct hydraulic coupling used on this Jawa blaster.

Let me tell you -as with most of the parts used by the prop dept.- these damn couplings are bloody expensive. Sent some inquiries for new ones (2100-2800 USD), as well as used items (700-900 USD, dep. on condition) :eek I am currently in negotiation for a few of these anyway, so I should be able to provide a real coupling along -as kind of an upgrade- with a cast venturi, when the time has come. :cool

These parts won´t be cheap and are meant for the die-hard collector, who´s looking for "something different" to all the mainstream SW props.
Maybe an active project could be set up for interested parties, who knows ;)

Will keep you guys updated and post some pictures asap

Markus

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back