The other Jawa blaster (the one not made from an Enfield.)

jason1976

Sr Member
So I'm wanting to do a hardware version of this blaster for my Jawa, but I haven't been able to find any info on it.

Can someone please tell me the mesurments of this thing?

Any other info, would be MORE THEN APPRECIATED. :)

If your know sure what blaster I'm talking about, here's the POSW page for it.

http://www.partsofsw.com/ionblas.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jawa blaster (you know, the one that looks a little like a mini blunderbuss?)

I just looked to make sure - all the info you seek is contained within this very board. The search function can take you there. ;)

Re: Jawa blaster (you know, the one that looks a little like a mini blunderbuss?)

Yeah! Did that already. Found a lot about the Ion blaster (the other jawa blaster) found stuff about making the Jawa itself, even found a thread about the holster, but I did not find measurements for this blaster. :(

Well the VD uses the word "Ion" around this one a lot too. :( What ever you call it, I can't find any info on this spusific blaster, or evern size info on the othere one. I just need some basic idea of the size. I've looked at some pics of it from different exhibits, but I just can't tell. I have some ideas, for the conical part at the front, but I don't know witch one to go with 'til I know the size of the real gun. Also, I need to make the stock, and I really can't do that right, without the measurements. If there is a thread with that info, point me to it, but if not, then can someone post the messurements.

I have a Lee Enfield Rilfe replica. I could do some measurements for you (because as I remember, they used this rifle for this Jawa gun).

There is just one problem: It is packaged underneath a whole lot of other things (cause I am moving in 3 weeks). I could give you the measurements at 1st of August if it does not hurry.

EDIT: Aaaargh! Doesnt looked at the link you´ve posted -.-

I thought you meant this one:

ion_blaster.jpg

If you decide to go this way, I can help you there, I think.

I just looked to make sure - all the info you seek is contained within this very board. The search function can take you there. ;)

Not for nothing, but if you found the pertinent information, why not post it instead just teasing the poor guy? Wouldn't have been easier to copy and paste the URL rather than typing out a mildly insulting thread?

Yeah, people should learn the search function, but not for nothing, some people post titles that have very little to do with the information contained within the thread.

-Fred

Not for nothing, but if you found the pertinent information, why not post it instead just teasing the poor guy? Wouldn't have been easier to copy and paste the URL rather than typing out a mildly insulting thread?

Yeah, people should learn the search function, but not for nothing, some people post titles that have very little to do with the information contained within the thread.

-Fred

I am sure it wasnt quite meant in such a fashion, but very true!
Anyway, a quickish google and:
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/EnfieldNo2SAID.htm
Anyway:
No1and2riflesSAID.jpg

HOpe it helps.
DAn

This is the version he is searching for. Im also looking to make this version
and its refered to as the Jawa Blaster or Jawa Pistol.

ionblas.jpg

614px-IonBlaster_negwt.jpg

Ion_pistol.jpg

The Lee Enfield was used with the granade cup for the Jawa Ion Blaster.

ToNic, nice plack on your blaster.Have another?

Last edited:

This is the version he is searching for. Im also looking to make this version
and its refered to as the Jawa Blaster or Jawa Pistol.

ionblas.jpg

614px-IonBlaster_negwt.jpg

Ion_pistol.jpg

The Lee Enfield was used with the granade cup for the Jawa Ion Blaster.

ToNic, nice plack on your blaster.Have another?

YES! That one. :) I really like them both, and when I fist made my Jawa, last winter, I had plannedon doing the other one, but I just really love this one. It just looks so.......... old-westy.... no.... pioneery...... no..... well I don't know what the word is, it just rocks. :)

I've never seen that middle pic before, that is outstanding. It shows the other side, and inside the barrel. :)

I originally got one of those copper tecky-ish torches, and cut off the top, just leaving me with the conical part. I was going to use that for the front of the gun, but it's kind of small, and way too thin. So now I'm leaning towards one of those black, plastic funnels from Wal-mart. They're like $.89 and they look about right, in size and shape. (the walls my still be to thin, but I think it could live with that.)

My plan right now (until I get actual measurements of the real thing. ) I'm going to measure the front of the funnel, and then scale a pic of the gun, so that the front of the gun, matches the front of the funnel. Then, trace the wood bits, in Photoshop, and print out a full size copy, spray glue it to some wood, cut it out, and go from there. :) If it turns out to be the wrong size, then I'll give it to my friends kit, and start over. :)

(still, if someone has the real assortments, I would like to have them. :) )

You may be in luck...that blaster is on display here in Saint Paul, Minnesota at the Science Museum in the Star Wars exhibit. If you like I could attempt to make some measurements for you, what ever I can get would be on the outside of the display case. Let me know:)

Cheers!
~Kevin

I thought I had more pix of it on my HD, but this is all I could find right now... I may go back to the science museum and I can take more if Kevin can't.

jawablaster.jpg

You may be in luck...that blaster is on display here in Saint Paul, Minnesota at the Science Museum in the Star Wars exhibit. If you like I could attempt to make some measurements for you, what ever I can get would be on the outside of the display case. Let me know:)

Cheers!
~Kevin

I thought I had more pix of it on my HD, but this is all I could find right now... I may go back to the science museum and I can take more if Kevin can't.

jawablaster.jpg

WOW! great pics :) Those show me all sorts of thinkg I never noticed before. :) I always thought that that was a ring above the trigger (oin the wood part) But I see now that it's a knob. I also never noticed the diamond knurling on those metal parts.

In relation to this blaster, when I took some macro pics of it a few years ago, I managed to capture the manufacturer's name and part number for that nozzle assembly.

A few members here tracked down the original manufacturer and contacted them about the piece. As is par for the course in discoveries, the manufacturer had no idea what it was originally, even though it was one of theirs.

On the one hand, I'm glad I was able to get what information I could, but on the other hand, It's a bit aggravating to be stimied by the people that made the blasted thing.

-Fred

Ok, my idea didn't work. :( If I went off my idea, the thing would have been huge. So, I still need some measurements for this thing.

I saw this prop, in Taledo at MOM, and at COSI here in Columbus, at SMI, but both were years ago, and I wasn't even thinking of doing the prop back then.

I was told by someone off the board that it was 27" long from end, to end, but what do you all think. I do recall it being pretty big, so that doesn't sound to bad, but all the figures size it around the same size as the other Jawa blaster (the one made from an Enfield.), and I've seen pics that show them together as around the same time. (but I think those pics are doctored. )

Here are some pics I took from the exhibits I was at years ago, and other sorces.

This is a cleaned up scan of the pic in the Lucas art book.
postblaster.jpg

This is a cleaned up scan of the VD version.
jawablaster2posted.jpg

These are from MOM and my help with scale. (Note the Gaffi stick, if that helps scale it. :) )
jawatuskpostit.jpg

jawa6546554654posted.jpg

And these are from COSI.
postjawa.jpg

jawapostitnow.jpg

I've got a Template made up for the wood stock, but I need to resize it to what ever we decide is the correct over all size of the blaster.

Are you going to be making a run of these? Just would like on for my collection or I could PM you my phone number so maybe if you would fill me in so some parts to help me out. Let me know. Thanks and take care
Kodofett

Are you going to be making a run of these? Just would like on for my collection or I could PM you my phone number so maybe if you would fill me in so some parts to help me out. Let me know. Thanks and take care
Kodofett

Sorry, I'm not doing a run, I'm just trying to get the size, and as much info as possible about it, so that I can do a hardware version. Once I get the info, I need, and get mine made, I would be happy to post a tutorial, and template, though, and then anyone that wants to can make there own. (and I of course would be willing to help in anyway I can. :) )

That said, if someone what to use what ever info we gather here, to do a run, more power to you. :)

Great pics. I am hopefull to get these to some experts on old military items. There is also a military collectors show that should weild some answers.

Thank you for the pics.

Ok, so the folks from the link bellow, are the ones that offered me the measurement of 27" over all for this Jawa blaster. (Sadly they do not offer it for sale, in finished, or kit form, I already asked.)

http://www.costumesandprops.com/props2.htm

Then, last night I was over at TK409's web site, reading about his ROTJ Baba Fett blaster, and wail his picture with measurements, for that blaster, does not have an over all length, I was able to gather that, that blaster is right around 29". (Baba Fett ROTJ blaster experts PLEASE fell free to correct me on that.)

So, just for fan, I scanned in the pic of the Baba ROTJ blaster in the VD, sized both of them (Baba at 29", and Jawa at 27") and created this comparison pic. (I shrank it down for posting, but the point is, that it would be to scale with each other.)

seeitjawa1.jpg

I know the Jawa blaster is big, but that thing looks HUGE, compared to Baba's. It seems kind of comical that they would give a blaster that big to a jawa, witch makes be question the 27" measurement.

Part of the problem is that in every display I've seen of this blaster, the Jawa costume is on a manikin that is WAY to small. It would be nice to find a pic of a jawa holding this blaster. Are there any promo pics, or anything, of a Jawa holding one of these? Come to think of it, we see the blaster on display a lot, and in books a lot, but I've never actually seen a Jawa holding one. Does anyone have, or even recall, a pic, or screen cap, of a Jawa holding one of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've done a lot of digging in the last week or so, and I can't find a single picture of a Jawa actually holding one of these. HM. Do we actual know for sure that this is a Jawa prop?

I mean, it could just be like a number of other things from the star wars films. You know, publishers, or toy makers, get a pic of something, with out a name, and they give it one, until they get corrected. Lobot, didn't have a name 'til kenner, made the toy, and called him that. Zuckuss, and 4LOM's names were switch on there original figures. etc. etc. etc.

Um it's been weeks and no-one has answered the call for pics of a jawa holding this gun. Surely someone has thoughts on this. (you know like, "sure they had them", or "you may be on to something", or "you suck, and your whole project sucks, take your jawa and shove it." and so on. :) )

I mean, it seems a little strange, that the thread went dead as soon as I mentioned that there doesn't seem to be any pics of a jawa with one of these. (not to sound paranoid or anything, about it.)

All in fun folk, really, I'm just posting to keep this project moving. Any new thoughts, idea, etc?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back