Draconian Marauder (Kuhn Global Build)

Max Zephyr

Here is the studio scale Draconian Marauder from Mark Bradley in progress. This is a large kit and will require considerable clean up and fit work. Although not available at the time of this build the kit will contain laser cut fins for the lances, decals, and cockpit glass. The full build as this comes together can be seen here:

http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=3127

2638176692_47d9864016.jpg

2638174196_7e71ae4bf7.jpg

2638174354_6f085f53d2.jpg

Awesome!!!

This is BEAUTIFUL work MATT!!! (y)love:thumbsup

Thank you Matt for doing this FANTASTIC build! Looks like you will not be needing the acrylic cut pieces Mark was going to send after all... NIIIIIIICE scratch work!

Mark! Thank you again for producing this long awaited kit! :D

I LOVE IT!!! (y)cool:thumbsup

Thanks Matt and Kurt!

If anyone is interested in one of these, please contact me at mbradley3@cfl.rr.com. I also have some much cheaper kits made up of mis-cast pieces that will require a little more than usual clean up, but are entirely workable.

Just to add to the theme of this thread, Here is my own build I threw together out of some of the first (imperfect) castings out of the mold:
http://flickr.com/photos/10867551@N0...7605197661465/
(last 5 pics on the album)

I built and painted it in a day to display at another convention in Tampa where Gil Gerard, Erin Gray, and Felix Silla were appearing (Gil and Erin asked me to bring the models, so how could I refuse!). Even with the quickie treatment I was pleased with the way it came out- the later castings with some actual careful assembly and painting should come out even better as we are seeing with Matt's build!

Mark

Not sure what Matt ended up using, but I had recommended these Polly Scale Model Railroad paints:

D&RGW ORANGE F414254 (1oz bottle) for the base color
SAND F414302(1 oz bottle) for highlights

Mark

A Composite ALREADY!!!!

WOW!! Richard_2001 (over on the RI) already did a composite using photos of the incomplete model! SWEEEEEEEEET!!!

Excellent Richard! Thank You My Friend! (y)cool:thumbsup

attachment.php

Thanks guys! Here is the last update as far as the build goes. The bottom all weathered and stained. More photos will follow when Kurt is able to shoot it against the blue screen. I have to say Mark did a bang up job capturing this complex ship. His parts layout made it easy even without instructions. Kudos to you Mark!

2644588022_9a8ff4d516.jpg

2644589068_5bc4991dcf.jpg

Last edited:
Very Kewl!!!!

My goodness that is beautiful! Such a WONDERFUL job Matt! :D

Allan... I agree my friend.... another WINNER!!! (y)love:thumbsup

Such a Beautiful build!

I've always loved the Marauders Orange-Coral color, it's so different from the usual grey or white spaceship.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back