FF2 Doctor Doom Mask - FINISHED Pics!

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to show this off a little, been working on it too long, and finalyl at a point i think i can show it. Based on the second Fantastic Four movie, his mask changes quite a bit.

I still need to do some details around the eyes, forehead and mouth, and the details in the jaw/cheek area will be added after i have a hardcopy, but other than that its about 90% done.

interest thread:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=60321

doommask2.jpg

20080629_DOOM7.jpg

20080629_DOOM1.jpg

20080629_DOOM2.jpg

20080629_DOOM3.jpg

20080629_DOOM4.jpg

20080629_DOOM5.jpg

20080629_DOOM6.jpg

20080629_DOOM8.jpg

20080629_DOOM9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Doom Mask - Movie 2 Version WIP

Cool, not sure why, but I love the fact that the photos are bw. I fell like I am looking at a old starlog or prop magazine from the 70's or 80'd :D

Keep up the good work.

Nice.

I'm probably the only one that like the FF movies.

But you have one fan at least.

Nice.

I'm probably the only one that like the FF movies.

But you have one fan at least.

I liked the films. (helped by the fact that Jessica Alba's in them)

I also really like the dr doom masks. Ill be watching this with interest

Very Nice. I like both these films. I didn't realize there was so much difference in the masks :confused
At some point I need to add one to my collection.

The director is a friend of a friend and we stopped by his house a few years ago (before the second movie was out) and I saw one of the masks sitting in his office. Everyone was talking and walking so I did not get a chance to stop and look. I was trying not to be geeky - but I wish I could have checked it out (or stuffed it in my coat:lol).
I also saw some "Barber Shop" movie stuff but I wasn't as big a fan of that film so it didn't do much for me.:)

Last edited:

thanks guys! Photos of my sculpts always end up making them look hoprrible, so i make them black and white and up the contrast a bit. I should be molding the hardcopy soon, then cleaning up the sharpness of the panels with some sanding and the extra details, then silicone molding.

hoping to get the sculpt finished this weekend, if so, ill be sure to post lots of photos :)

gah, didnt get to this last week, hoping to within the next few days, need to get this done, then hopfully get a run going, not sure how much interest there is though.

progress! OMG! seriously, this project has taken too long but i think im finally happy enough to mold it. The clay ive been using, KleanKlay, really kicked my ass and i wont be using it again. Its really soft, as you can see from the sculpt, and this is about as clean as I can make it, so alot of the cleanup work with this will be done on a hard copy that i can sand and perfect easier, and thats when the cheak details, rivets and other possibly machined parts will be added.

But for now, heres a few pics of the sculpt with dramatic lighting. I hope to offer these soon. I still need to cast the back piece and ears.

dd_1018_1.jpg

dd_1018_3.jpg

dd_1018_4.jpg

dd_1018_5.jpg

dd_1018_7.jpg

dd_1018_10.jpg

dd_1018_11.jpg

dd_1018_12.jpg

Last edited:

Looks great! I didn't like the movies but I love Doom and your sculpt actually makes me appreciate the mask more and more. Can't wait to see it finished

great...yet another thing to buy:$
Great job, as always.
I would love to see a shot of this one next to the first movie mask:thumbsup

i wouldnt reccomend it :p Id originally got it cause i heard it was good for getting silicone molds from, but the stuff is just way too soft, making it hard to get any kind of sharp detail.

Re: Doctor Doom Mask - Movie 2 Version WIP - New Pics Pg.2

dipping in silicone tonight so i can get a hardcopy to cleanup and refine (im much more comfortable working on something hard than clay) and then ill have some more progress shots assuming that goes well.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back