Scratchbuilt TIE Bomber Hanging in Rack

It was nice meeting you at WonderFest Kevin. I was the 501st Commander who started talking to you about your shirt at our table. Great job on the TIE Bomber display.

Glenn - great to meet you too... you guys had an awesome area and props. Great to meet everyone else, too. That was only my 2nd Wonderfest.

Uber cool display man,do you have plans for any other ship's in a hanger?Again very impressive thank's for the pics.

I have always wanted to do a variant of the picture in the cross-sections book of all the TIEs hanging/launching from the rack/gantry. I have a stack (like 10 boxes) of the AMT 1-48 double TIE set... have been avoiding masking/painting all of those wings so far... :confused Of course, I have a bunch of 1-72 FM TIEs now that are MUCH easier to paint, so I may have to rethink that project.

Of course, when speaking of hangars... there is the grail build on my list of a full (and lit) 1-48 Home One Rebel hangar... I have multiples of all of the core ships to work from in 1-48 and I read somewhere that the 1-48 Tydirium could be done using the Kenner toy as a base. I have started on one of my 1-48 Falcons and work on it SLOWLY from time to time. It would cool to build out the landing gear for it, too. With all the 1-72 out now, that build could be much easier accomplished in that scale... but 1-48 would just be so... insanely large of a dio (and allow extreme detailing).:love Will have to wait until I have a bigger house/workshop... and when I have a couple of years open to do that one!

I have plans for some rather large and (hopefully) unique dios in the coming years... I think I have them in a priority order now, but you never know... :wacko

Whoa, that's super cool
I love how the gantry and set are encompassed in the case
Sort a "slice of life"
Great idea

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back