Pepakura Stormtrooper

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
As my second foray into Pepakura, I decided to try something REALLY challenging, the iconic Stormtrooper lid.

For some reason, I can't get Pepakura to keep the actual size of the model so I wind up with a mini version. This one is about half size and is a bit rough because of it.

000_0011.jpg

000_0012.jpg

000_0013.jpg

000_0014.jpg

At least the mini will show any problems that I can tweak before I print out a full sizer to fiberglass.

Whattaya think?

I refined my model but somehow my sizes got all wonky.

Can someone give me a measurement for the lens or maybe the square decals in back so that I could scale this with some hope of accuracy?

Thanks!

Nice one !

Not to hijack this thread, but now I can come out of the closet with my PEP work :love Nowhere near finished (models are there, but no time to pep them), and its just 80g/sqm paper, and about 20% too big, but hey, at least its a start ;) And a test if everything fits.

P1010367.JPG

P1010368.JPG

P1010369.JPG

What´s the 3D-program you´re developing the trooper in ? I did the Vader in Cinema4D.

I know that sizeing problem, the best thing is to include a control object of known size, make a test printout of the unfolded model and then resize accordingly. Man, I was totally ****** when I noticed that the correctly scaled first version of the mouth area didn´t fit the eye and head area. But live and learn :)

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! That's looking really great! I'd love to see more when you finish it.

I do my 3D work in Strata. It's stubborn as a mule but it's the mule I know!:lol

Sadly, Strata won't allow for UV wrapping so all textures are manually applied in Illustrator. This is also the reason there's no stripes on my Trooper lid. I fugure I can add them later, especially if I fiberglass it.

I tried the control object with the first round but it still came out too small. Pepakura has a menu item for finished dimensions, which I used this time, but it came out too big this time! GAAAARRRRRR!

I just finished assembling the area around the lens and before I spend the next week assembling something I know is too big, I figured I'd try to resize based on the lens.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back