RED 5 X Wing (Version3)

REL

Sr Member
I got this yesterday and I just had to at least do something on it, it's such a nice kit I can't tell you. So I spent a little time today and got started on the cockpit, since the canopy is molded in place you have to build that first.

v3_x_01.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Salzo Red 5 V3 build

Looking good Rich, one thing i discussed with a good buddy here in the UK a few days ago, was the fact the canopy bars, have a heavy recessed detailing, i think due to Moe basing her on Red 3's hull?

Red 3 does seem to have a pronounced step section in the side windows!

Im not sure it would throw the window aperture size out as my kits boxed up, but id say it could be worth shaving them away for that bit more accuracy! Either way, this build will be awesome, i cant wait to see it completed...which going by your kit building std's, could be like tommorow LOL.

lee

I added the recessed step, well Moe started it an i finished it, but some of the bulk added to the canopy frame was so that they did not snap like twigs when getting pulled from the mold, i had nightmares about a big pile of useless fuselages with broken canopies. Also helps to survive shipping....it's a small trade off for having the canopy cast into the fuselage...
mike

Looking good Rich, one thing i discussed with a good buddy here in the UK a few days ago, was the fact the canopy bars, have a heavy recessed detailing, i think due to Moe basing her on Red 3's hull?

Red 3 does seem to have a pronounced step section in the side windows!

Im not sure it would throw the window aperture size out as my kits boxed up, but id say it could be worth shaving them away for that bit more accuracy! Either way, this build will be awesome, i cant wait to see it completed...which going by your kit building std's, could be like tommorow LOL.

lee

Awesome, I really need to order one of these someday

G

Do it now! With a GK you never know what could crop up. Mike is very reliable, but what if he gets hit by a bus? Or a C&D?

Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait.

Cheers,
Martyn

PS apologies Mike! I don't mean to imply your bus-avoiding skills are not up to snuff. :)

Just got back from Glastonbury, I have a box in my hands & it smells like a V3....... drooooooooooll :) Thanks Mike.

Superb build! My SalzoV3 X-wing build is currently in the process of figuring out how to tell my wife I am spending $300 on a model. :) Any advice or tutorial on lighting the engines?

Great job Rich, I concur about the wiring? I've never done it my self & have a Cc & V3 to build some time soon & would love to know a bit more? If anyone could give a suggestion to a list of the basic requirements that would be ace?

Do you have any closer pics of your build its looking super nice?

V best Guy

Thanks everyone. I'll take some pics on how I did the wiring, you have to drill out channels for the wires to go in various places, it's pretty easy actually. It helps to have a drill press with a vise, so you can lock the pieces in perfectly straight so you don't get any crooked holes.

I'm not a big electronics expert so if I can do it anyone can. :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back