AIRWOLF 1/48 Model (WARNING, TONS OF PICS)

Keith

Sr Member
This is an AMT AIRWOLF model that i've had for a few years, but only just got around to finishing. Rather than pick out the best photos, i've just posted all i have on photobucket.

I've done a few mods and made a display stand for it.

The gun pods are mounted on metal rods and can be removed. I am going to use the gun pod wing tips from another kit, so i can change the model from guns out to guns closed. Some mods were done to the pod wing tips to make them accurate.

The door windows opening section was cut in one piece from plastic card, spray painted white and glued on. The horrible frame that run around the door windows was sanded away.

The rear fins are mounted on a metal rod which passes through the tail section, just to make the model a bit less delicate reallly.

I sparay painted the whole model in primer white, masked off the white bottom, spray painted the metallic grey and the spray painted the whole thing in clear lacquer. The gun pod wing tips and tail fins were painted the same way, but separately.

The filler cap on the right side was made from a stainless steel nail, which fits into a hole drilled into the body.

The rocket pod at the bottom is just there for the photos. Its being replaced when another kit i've bought arrives, as its a little melted from a reaction to some strong thinners i used to remove some old paint. The new rocket pod will be painted up nice.

aw16.jpg

aw3.jpg

aw34.jpg

aw33.jpg

aw32.jpg

aw31.jpg

aw30.jpg

aw29.jpg

aw28.jpg

aw27.jpg

aw26.jpg

aw25.jpg

aw24.jpg

aw23.jpg

aw22.jpg

aw21.jpg

aw20.jpg

aw19.jpg

aw18.jpg

aw17.jpg

aw15.jpg

aw13.jpg

aw12.jpg

aw11.jpg

aw10.jpg

aw9.jpg

aw8.jpg

aw7.jpg

Pods removed:
aw6.jpg

aw5.jpg

aw4.jpg

aw2.jpg

Thanks,

Keith.

I had to read the title again. I was starting to think it was a die cast.
Great job indeed!(y)thumbsup

I too thought it was a diecast, the out of scale panel lines, door hinges, rivets, soft details ect... is very typical of cheap die cast replicas, great paintjob none the less.

GFollano

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back