Overpriced Sintra?

milk_man

After a lot of searching I finally found a random sign store in my town that sells Sintra to begin my iron man costume, problem is a 4' X 8' sheet of 1/8'' white is 75$ + tax (canadian). Is this overly expensive or am I just cheap?

it's almost the same price as we have in Italy. It used to be cheaper, but with petroil at 140$ a barrel the price of plastics went up.

a 48" x 96" sheet of white .120" (3mm or 1/8") Sintra here in the US from US Plastic is $40.

The same sheet in gray is $49. Beige is $50. So, as you can see, different colors affect the price.

Also, I've found that sometimes I can get 2, 48"x48" sheets for LESS than the price of 1, 48"x96" sheet. Not to mention, the shipping is cheaper, because I'm not charged for "freight", but just regular shipping. Sometimes you NEED the larger sheet, but when you can, sometimes it pays to get the smaller pieces. :)

Try looking for a plastic supplier rather than a sign shop, the sign shop might be marking it up a little.

I have a ton of sign shops near me, but I was told by all of them that they "don't sell plastic" because "if they did, they wouldn't be able to make signs!". :rolleyes I kid you not. They told me that basically, they don't sell plastic - they sell signs, and if they sold me plastic, then they just have to re-order more plastic to make their signs with (which is apparently an inconvenience for them).

Thankfully there's always USP! :D:thumbsup

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back