WIP: Hardware Yoda AOTC/ROTS Saber

Looks great :thumbsup

Have you thought about trying "chunks" of PVC for the grips? Depending on the OD of the body, you might be able to find pipe that fits the curve.

Lookin' good! I did a Hardware Yoda way back in 2000. Didn't look half as good as your's. Now you've inspired me to make a new one :)

Looks great :thumbsup

Have you thought about trying "chunks" of PVC for the grips? Depending on the OD of the body, you might be able to find pipe that fits the curve.

Thanks. Actually, I was saving the PVC option as a last resort. I plan to attach it with double sided foam tape, which should cover for any slight discrepancies in diameter.

Looks good from what I can see!
Can you post some better/larger pics for us blind folk?:lol

Thanks and, unfortunately, no. I use WebTV rather than an actual computer, and the only input for uploading material is a video jack. The resolution cannot exceed the NTSC standard, which for computer purposes, is very low. And the size is dictated by the "pagebuilder" program for WebTV, so it don't get no bigger. Sorry.

Very nice job! I'm still in search of a Praco flashgun in order to make the Yoda myself. I may just have to bite the bullet and use a Bolsey. I give you lots of credit for making an all hardware version... I'm far too lazy for that! :lol Nice use of a bottle cap for an endcap too.

If you are looking for a Praco they are all over evilbay!! That's where I got mine for a song and a dance!!!:lol

I'm just unlucky I guess. :( I check pretty often and don't see many. The last couple I've seen seem like they have the wrong collar/clamp too. Anyone know how many versions Praco ever made?

Very nice job!... I give you lots of credit for making an all hardware version... I'm far too lazy for that! :lol Nice use of a bottle cap for an endcap too.

Thanks again. But from what I've seen, a hardware saber isn't much more difficult that a flash based version. And the bottle cap is pretty sweet. I'd been drinking that brand of bottled water for some time when it occured to me that it was about the same size as a 1.25" sink pipe or 1" PVC. Luckily I saved a few, because as soon as I figured that out, they changed the size of the caps (and bottles)!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back