Name of green body-filler (not bondo) used for boat/car repair?

GuntahKela

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After years of using the pink Bondo filler mix, I'm ready to venture into more competitive body fillers, and, vaguely, they keep recommending me the green filler. Does anyone know what's its name? I've seen it used in all of those Discovery channel garage shows.

I've used it many times. I've never payed any attention to the name.
Look up an auto body supply shop in the yellow pages or even a napa.
Ask them for the green body filler. They'll hook you up.

I wish I could get you a name, but my buddy gives it to me and by the time I get it the bottle is trashed and the label has rubbed off.

The great thing about the green stuff is it comes in a sealed can with a squeeze top lid. It's like a soap dispenser for bondo. LOVE IT.

After years of using the pink Bondo filler mix, I'm ready to venture into more competitive body fillers, and, vaguely, they keep recommending me the green filler. Does anyone know what's its name? I've seen it used in all of those Discovery channel garage shows.

If I remember right, there is a glassfiber-reinforced body filler that comes in green.

It is made by a company called "Bondo." Really. It's the same people. They actually make a few hundred different filler compounds used in everything you can think of.

You should be able to find it in most automotive supply shops. It'll be next to the Bondo. It's called "Bondo-Glass." If not, go to West Marine and look for "structural filler" of "fiber reinforced" filler.

The stuff is a bear to sand, but it's stronger in the end.

Hopefully this will help.

Duraglass? It is a Bondo product and also a filler. But it usually comes in a can like regular Bondo.

Last edited:
if you are still looking for a good filler instead of glazing putty, i HIGHLY recommend Rage Xtreme by Evercoat (yeah, i know its a stupid name, but the product is great) better than any filler i've ever used. It feathers great, no pinholes, sands great.

My local Napa was no help. I found a dealer that carried Split-second, but their batch is all dried-up. Will have to get Half-time tomorrow. I hear is good, too.

Glazing putty is completely different than fiberglass filler. Putty cannot be used in thicknesses greater than 1/8 in. if I recall correctly. It is used to fill in small imperfections usually after priming.

master shake is right i heard the same from a friend of mine. for my two cents, i use a green car body filler called plastic padding elastic car body filler by loctite. Sands down is smooth, no pinholes and once set can be carved with a craft knife without having to saw at it! I'm in the UK, but if you can find it over there, its well worth it:)

Right, I see. I guess I was looking for a more sophisticated finisher, but I ended-up learning about other brands mentioned here. I returnded the dried-up split-second and got "half-time" instead, for my primer/paint prep stage. Thanks.

A company called Evercoat makes "higher" end finishing products. Although for the life of me I can't see why for any prop related thing anything other than standard Bondo brand body filler and glazing putty would be needed.

The high end stuff is usually used for creating super smooth finishes that require a super glossy finish.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back