Degassing chamber help

gobler

Sr Member
I need a proper degassing chamber that I could fit a 5 gallon bucket into. It can be all acrylic or aluminum with an acrylic top. I have searched on line and man the prices have gone up since I bought one way back in the early 90s. Does any one know where I could find one here in SoCal or shipped for under $1600? (closer to $1000)

Hi,
Just go to Smart and final and get a large stock pot with at least a 1/4 inch wall thickness and a 1 inch or thicker acrylic sheet cut or you can go to Plastic Depot in Burbank on San Fernado.

HMS Mike

I need a proper degassing chamber that I could fit a 5 gallon bucket into. It can be all acrylic or aluminum with an acrylic top. I have searched on line and man the prices have gone up since I bought one way back in the early 90s. Does any one know where I could find one here in SoCal or shipped for under $1600? (closer to $1000)

A friend (Randy Cooper) went to a construction job site and asked if he could have some scrap pipe.

Its white PVC, and about 15 inches in diameter. Once I cut the sides nice and even, I glued the bottom to my metal stand, and ran a house to the vacuum pump. I took a scrap piece of 1 inch acrylic for the top and routered a channel the same diameter as the tube.

then I filled it with RTV silicone for a casket.

Works great and a 5 gallon bucket fits in there nicely.

and it was CHEAP!

A friend (Randy Cooper) went to a construction job site and asked if he could have some scrap pipe.

Its white PVC, and about 15 inches in diameter. Once I cut the sides nice and even, I glued the bottom to my metal stand, and ran a house to the vacuum pump. I took a scrap piece of 1 inch acrylic for the top and routered a channel the same diameter as the tube.

then I filled it with RTV silicone for a casket.

Works great and a 5 gallon bucket fits in there nicely.

and it was CHEAP!

That's just about the exact same way I'm building mine. Cheap and effective!

Cam

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back