check out my Twi-lek head piece! Star Wars

RussellSculpts

Hope my fiance' doesn't mind too much,(she doesn't):lol:eek:love!
I made these from fiberglass(skullcap), with durasoft foam for the headtails,covered the whole thing in silicone pigmented with oil paint, then made a custom leather headband and chinstrap.
She won several contests last halloween with hers.
whatchathink?

you're a talented & lucky man. :love

This belongs in the costume forum though. ;)

Edit your title to "move" or something like that.
A mod will take care of you.
Dont be embarassed, we were all new once. ;)

Hey, those look great !!

You should...uh...show more pics of them from the back so we can...uh...see them in relation to the rest of the costume..... :love

Two part urethane foam,self skinning though not too good, squishy soft and light, not sure they still make it though, used to get it through F/X warehouse.
Is it anything like "Supple Polyfoam"? In this pic, stuff looks just like upholstery foam when finished. I can imagine that the headgear made out of this would be light! :D
f.jpg

The foam is light, it's the silicone that weighs it down. Altogether though it only weighs about 4 lbs. My fiance' wore hers for hours with no problem.
Is it anything like "Supple Polyfoam"? In this pic, stuff looks just like upholstery foam when finished. I can imagine that the headgear made out of this would be light! :D
f.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back