What do you do about paint that wont dry?

this may sound Crazy but Ive baked masks that Ive made that had a tack to them after painting alot of times I know when I paint something when its humid out I have a problem of it staying tacky but I put the item in the oven on low heat 175 or so for 15 twenty min turn oven off and let it cool in the oven and have great turn outs on all I have done

Jason, I had the SAME problem with the SAME paint. A few days later it was still fingerprint tacky. Fortunately I had pressing jobs to work on so I couldn't get back to it for a while. After a month it finally dried.

If you're sick of working on it, put it aside and see what happens.

It is frakking cool paint!

Last edited:
"Armory semi gloss" Hum were do you get that? :)

Local hobby shop I use it on most of my 40k minis.

and these little toy. LOL

HPIM0929.jpg

HPIM0901.jpg

Try an acrylic clear coat. It's drying isn't dependent on weather or not the preceding paint is or isn't tacky.

But it WILL kill a metalic paint job (make it dull). But it will seal in the tackiness.
i see this is from 2008, hopefully youre still there, and my question is unrelated to painting props, but hope i can still ask your advice. "..
It's drying isn't dependent on weather or not the preceding paint is or isn't tacky..." would you say hits is true for other surfaces?
i painted a floor with latex paint, and i put it on WAY too thick, so it is now staying sticky/tacky. would you say an acrylic clear coat would do the same trick, dry over the sticky paint, so that i have a non-sticky floor?

Last edited:
Normal latex paint isn't made to go on a floor. Even if you got it to stop being sticky, the durability is going to be low. There's a reason they make specific paint for floors (such as Sherwin-Williams Porch & Floor Enamel or epoxy coatings). Also, regular latex paint stays "sticky" because it's meant to be flexible so it can move with the substrate, be it drywall or wood, and be able to resist cracking and peeling. In fact, pretty much the point at which latex paint is no longer sticky is going to be the point at which it starts to fail and chip (which is generally measured in years to decades).

Normal latex paint isn't made to go on a floor. Even if you got it to stop being sticky, the durability is going to be low. There's a reason they make specific paint for floors (such as Sherwin-Williams Porch & Floor Enamel or epoxy coatings). Also, regular latex paint stays "sticky" because it's meant to be flexible so it can move with the substrate, be it drywall or wood, and be able to resist cracking and peeling. In fact, pretty much the point at which latex paint is no longer sticky is going to be the point at which it starts to fail and chip (which is generally measured in years to decades).
it was actually porch and floor paint, sorry, i shouldve included that, but i appreciate the info. i tried an acrylic clear coat and it fixed my sticky problem. thanks again for the help,truly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back