Detolf display case question

keelhauler

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

I just bought my first Detolf display case from IKEA. When I pulled the parts out of the box, I noticed that 3 of the 4 glass panels have a slight greenish tint to them. Is this normal? I'd have thought they would all be crystal clear.

Thanks!

Just a pointer...

Make sure the support rods for the glass shelves are on the inner side.

Some people have had terrible accidents when they installed it backwards and the rods are far enough apart to allow the shelf to fall through.

i dont personally own one, but could it be a protective plastic cling film over the glass to keep it from getting scratched in the box?

i dont personally own one, but could it be a protective plastic cling film over the glass to keep it from getting scratched in the box?

Glass usually doesn't scratch..... unless the inside of the box is lined with diamonds ;) But I agree it could be a protective film.

Thanks for the responses so far, everyone! :thumbsup

I thought that at first - in fact, I was hoping that was what it was - but it definitely isn't.

It's weird because the panel for the back of the case is truly crystal clear, it's the side panels and the door that have the green tint to them.

Just a pointer...

Make sure the support rods for the glass shelves are on the inner side.

Some people have had terrible accidents when they installed it backwards and the rods are far enough apart to allow the shelf to fall through.

Thanks! I'll be sure to avoid this!!!

I have five of the cabinets, they used to be clear glass, but recently ikea have changed the design slightly and one of the changes is the tinted glass, this is how it should be.

I have five of the cabinets, they used to be clear glass, but recently ikea have changed the design slightly and one of the changes is the tinted glass, this is how it should be.

Good to know. Thanks Chewcy!!

I wonder why they changed it? Clear glass seems much better for display than tinted!

I've only heard pretty much good things about these. I plan on buying a couple myself on my next Ikea trip...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back