C3-po Replica - new sculpt and finished helmet

writter

Hi everyone! I am new here but am excited to finally be a member now that registration has opened up ! I am a special fx artist and really enjoy the challenge of making original pieces as well as replicas (Star Wars mostly) . Here is my first attempt at a replica C3-P0 helmet based on ANH version . I sculpted it from scratch out of Chavant clay using months of reference , molded it and body shopped the casting and molded it once more . Also I machined the detail pieces out of plastic and molded those as well . This project literally drove me insane because of all the different versions out there and how the helmet looks in different lighting , ect .I am still shopping for a better vacu-metalizer but the helmet you see here did fine in my opinion . If anyone knows of one that does exceptional work here in the US please share with me that info..Thanks!

c3p0websitepics014.jpg

c3p0websitepics020.jpg

c3p0websitepics018.jpg

e-mail-vac.jpg

c3p0websitepics035.jpg

c3p0websitepics045.jpg

c3p0websitepics049.jpg

c3p0websitepics051.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I know nothing about accuracy here, but that's a beautiful-looking sculpt. Really neat to see the separate pieces being assembled together - and then that first picture of the final metalized product! Gorgeous!

NICE JOB!!!

What chroming technique was used? the finish is beautiful.

GFollano

Hey..thanks everyone for the compliments ..means alot to me since everyone here has so much talent ! The chroming was vacu-metalized but to make a long story short the company I used were hired to do the first two helmets out of my mold..one was for me..the other was for friend of mine .They ended up screwing up my helmet ( sprayed the 2-pak primer way too thick and hot which caused cracking ) and the helmet you see in the pics is the other I ended up giving to my friend . I was pretty bummed about it because they tried to cover it up and they were not very experienced at the prop stuff ( like they led me to believe ) so I am searching for a reputable vacu-plater .Please if anyone knows off hand of any place I would love to try them out .

WOW!!

One of the best RPF entrances ever!

Great work and very inspiring. :thumbsup

Welcome to forum and I personally look forward to seeing more of your work!

So, may I ask what's next on the agenda? :D

I can only echo what others have written: beautiful work, and it's great to have you here! Thanks for sharing your WIP shots! :love :thumbsup

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back