GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

WOW I was originally going to get the GA Loki Mask. I ended up not getting it bc of one I found cheaper. Glad I didnt Get it, altho I have seen a vid of one and it looked pretty decent to me. Does any1 have actual pics of a recent copy?

Any way to the OP I would suggest not getting The GA one, with seeing what I saw in this thread, its too risky to buy from him and praying you get a decent solid cast. Go On amazon and you will find the ultimate Loki mask available. It is made by a company called Reel Art and it costs at the fraction of the price of the GA one. Its around $70 or soo. Its very sturdy and solid, with a slight weight to it and a VERY detailed paint job.

I have it and would say its well worth more than $70.

I "met" Cris online like 12 or soo years ago. I was posting on SW.com or some other big SW site...

He was selling FX armor copies. I asked him if it was accurate... And I had specific questions about areas that just didnt look right to me... He tried everything to convince me it was 100% accurate... I just got an odd vibe. He kept emailing me... Kinda pestering me.

I stayed away on that alone! Years later I found this place and have 4-5 TK helmets and a full suit that all were derived from screen used.

I knew he knew he was lying even before I knew what FX armor was...

I can't believe he is still around!

Go On amazon and you will find the ultimate Loki mask available. It is made by a company called Reel Art and it costs at the fraction of the price of the GA one

Doesn't Reel Art have a bad reputation too.... I have read bad reports on them with regard to recasting and very crappy work!!

Doesn't Reel Art have a bad reputation too.... I have read bad reports on them with regard to recasting and very crappy work!!

I havent heard bad stuff about them. Infact I read many reviews, even saw a video review of the Loki mask, and all were 5 stars positives. Also I have one and its a complete opposite of crappy. Its solid and sturdy and VERY detailed.

Unlike GA, Reel Art actually puts quality into their products. The Loki mask I got from them is soo amazing i have been thinking about getting a second one from them.

385609_304002633010512_100002023333059_686984_327957214_n.jpg

The Loki mask I got from them is soo amazing i have been thinking about getting a second one from them.

For me personally, I would just be very curious who they recast that mask from! When it comes to buying props, no matter how much I like a prop, if I know a recaster made it, I won't go near it. I don't like lining the pockets of thieves.

For me personally, I would just be very curious who they recast that mask from! When it comes to buying props, no matter how much I like a prop, if I know a recaster made it, I won't go near it. I don't like lining the pockets of thieves.

Of course its a recast, Look at how it matches the screen used. If you want an accurate Loki mask like this, it gonna have to be a recast. Too much grain detail for an original sculpt to match 110% of the screen used copies.

Of course its a recast, Look at how it matches the screen used. If you want an accurate Loki mask like this, it gonna have to be a recast. Too much grain detail for an original sculpt to match 110% of the screen used copies.

Just to clarify. If anything is cast from a screen-used piece, it's not called a recast.

Won't say more because I don't want to turn this thread into yet another 100 page 'official copyright' one :lol

If you need more info, do a search here. There is PLENTY of info :thumbsup

my hoverboard parts have been recast, again. "chaucer44" aka GoldenArmor

Just seen "chaucer44" aka GoldenArmor has recast my hoverboard parts and is selling them on ebay. He's a well known recaster so this is no surprise, just a heads up to avoid him. Not only has he recast them, but from his pics, it looks like the parts are really poor quality casts.

here's the link
BTTF Hoverboard Prop Back to the Future HOVERBOARD Fullsize - Pads & clamps kit | eBay

this is the funny bit
"I've spent 4 months re-tooling, re-configuring, remastering, drawing new, developing more accurate vectors, creating fresh artwork and the result is clearly seen in the photos."

Translated:
"I've spent 10 minutes pouring silicone over these parts, then made really poor quality castings, the result is clearly seen in the photos."

Unfortunately there's very little I can do about it, just very annoying. :thumbsdown

Re: my hoverboard parts have been recast, again. "chaucer44" aka GoldenArmor

He must be on something fierce- I reported a run in the JY a member was selling Golden Armor holocrons, and I saw another member just bought a Vader helmet from him also.

I wish Chaucer would crawl back under his rock.

That's really bad. I hate people who sell other people's work because they're too stupid to make their own stuff.

But there's a small downer: no current bidders on his auctions and no sales within the last 15 days. It seems he doesn't sell much. :lol

Welcome to the Club.
I've had a few things copied by him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back