Myst/Riven replicas - do they exist?

bow_down_wave-967.gif

Not much more to say.

Thank you for sharing your work!

Thats very cool...

Sadly not much people are interested in adventure-game props... I would love to have some props from some of the adventure games from the 90s...

The book is awesome...

That's INTENSE! Loved this game back in the day (only played MYST, not the sequels).

Just seeing this made me want to give it another play. :thumbsup

Thanks for sharing!

I was very fortunate waaaay back in the day (1997?) to be able to convince my mother to let me spend my graduation gift money on Gehn's Gun from that line-up of artifacts from Museum Repicas. To this day it's still one of my favorite pieces in my collection. I only wish I had been an adult back then to be able to have grabbed all the other great Riven items as well. I've seen a few of the sickles and daggers show up on eBay every now and then, but have never met another person who owns the gun.

ghengun02.jpg

ghengun01.jpg

ghengun04.jpg

ghengun06.jpg

ghengun08.jpg

ghengun09.jpg

ghengun10.jpg

It's a really incredibly well made prop! All cast metal and very heavy with several moving parts like a folding sight, folding barrel and spring-loaded trigger on the back. Not to mention you could do serious damage with the genuinely sharp bayonet on the front. I guess Museum Replicas didn't shy away when it came to making hefty, dangerous collectables LOL.

Hi all! Just got two of these! One for my fiancee and one for me! These are replicas of replicas made by, erm Museum Replicas! A great guy by the handle MystRiven got this run together with Cyan's permission on a different forum. I framed this one and it attaches with a magnet. One down, four to go!

i-c5drrT5-M.jpg

These are great. I love the magnetic mount too. I tried to track down MystRiven but can't find much current. Head on over to the junkyard if you ever get tired of them ;)

Am I breaking many rules, posting on a three year old thread?

Punish me, if so, I'm unclear on the tact with this sort of thing, but I wanted to say!

I've built a replica of Gehn's pipe and posted a little breakdown of it here:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/myst-artifact-wip-234955/

I kind of figured it would be appropriate, seeing as at least a few folks have been interested in Riven replicas. It would be awesome to build all kinds of items and gadgets from the games for folks to by. I

As for Gehn's pipe, I'm totally interested in building and selling these things, Cyan inc. and I have been talking a little about a deal, as long as I can get enough people interested in them to make a profit.

Tell your friends and let me know!

the_artifact_by_bluecollarlove-d8k6339.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is a really old post, but I joined this forum, just to see if other people have Myst Collectables. I also bought one of those Steel daggers from a guy named Rivendagger on myst community. I still haven't framed mine, but will mount it in some way soon. I also have the Artifacts flyer, wishing for the last 20 years, that I was old enough back then to buy all of it. But nice to dream.
It is a really old acticle, and I don't know if I am allowed to post links on here, but this is the thread, where he shows how he made the Daggers. www.mystcommunity.com/board/index.php?/topic/37896-riven-daggers-for-sale/

Myst is often about the scenery. Is there any small objects like a key or something that might be 3D printed ?

Myst is often about the scenery. Is there any small objects like a key or something that might be 3D printed ?

Keys, I am not too sure. Haven't played the game in a long time. But you can make a key, with the D'ni Lettering or Numbering (Official Myst language) or that art style. It is amazing what Unofficial things Myst fans have created for themselves.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back