Star Trek: TNG Desktop Computer / Monitor / Viewer

CJP

I've been working on the molds and tooling for this for a while and it's finally ready for prime time!

It's molded from a screen used hero, has a 360 degree swivel base, self contained power, instant-on lighting and the screen graphic has been created as they were in the originals with a black and clear transparency and colored gels.

Chris

viewer1.jpg

viewer2.jpg

viewer3.jpg

I see you have not only Engaged, but you have made it So as well. :sleep

tngcntgndesktopviewkk3.jpg

But don't forget about Beverly's swanky "designer" medical version. ;)

tngmeddeskmonitoridcrisly5.jpg

That's sexeh. It'd be more awesome if you could actually shoehorn a mobo/processor inside and make a functional desktop mac or PC. :)

Another option may be to put the guts from one of those digital picture frames inside. It could play a slide show of whatever Trek graphics were loaded. Although, you would lose the razor sharp look of the graphic/gel combination.

That's sexeh. It'd be more awesome if you could actually shoehorn a mobo/processor inside and make a functional desktop mac or PC. :)

I know this a really old thread but one should be able to now with small LCD touch screens and a mini-ITX motherboard. I have one of the old toy versions of this and was thinking of doing just that.

this is great, has anyone ever done another one of these as a kit? impossible to find except for this great build.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back