Gladiator Helmet

Don't worry Funky, I ignore crap like that. Reminds me of SFI.....

Thanks BladeFan! I was making sure the ones out there were accurate.

I'm sure he was just ribbing you a little. :)

Okay. First, which helmet were you after? The Maximus Generals helmet or the arena helmet? If you're looking for the Generals, I can direct you to the perfect place. The arena one...wow. There are SO mnay out there ranging from 40.00 to 400.00.

I'm sure he was just ribbing you a little. :)

FJ speaks the truth (and has suffered way too much of my dribble around this joint!)...

Yes - the Factory X (for whatever that's worth) has been around for years now. Plus I've seen at least a couple fan-made versions.

Can't say I've ever seen the Gerneral helmet though...

Here is my Factory X Arena Helmet after a little weathering paint job.

Picture024.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Ask and you shall recieve: http://www.swordsofhonor.com/crgrhe.html
That's the exact same helmet worn by Crowe as a general. The only thing missing is the wolf's head crest. If you want exact details on the costumes, you should contact stephen210 here on the RPF. He bores, um, EDUCATES me on all the little mundane details from helmets to swords to uniforms every time I go over! :lol

LOL thanks Funky.

If someone wants to scuplt the wolf head.... I can have it cast in metal at a very reasonable cost.
Here are some shots.
PiH2004Maximus2.jpg

S5030119.jpg

S5030120.jpg

S5030121.jpg

08-19.jpg

02-52.jpg

02-13.jpg

I love this stuff.

Steve

Last edited:
Oooooh,....how did I miss this helmet?
I must have one.

Did I also see a Kurgan helmet in the mix as well?

Thx 4 posting pics.

"Did I also see a Kurgan helmet in the mix as well? " Yes you did. Sculpted by a member here. I would say it is one of my favorites.

The Max helmet is very heavy too.

Steve

So, whats the story with the Max helmet?
Was it purchased/found item and then modified? or did another company make it after the movie?
The reason I ask is that the cheek guards on Max's helmet look rounded on the rear-facing sides and the swordsofarmor one looks "pointy".
Either way, I love it and am begging the wife to get it for my B-Day.

BTW, I know an expert animal artist that could sculpt that wolf-head emblem in short order, but she would want compensation.
Any ideas?

From what I have found out. A lot of the helmets were based off of the ROMAN LEGIONARY standard helmet. Such as, the Gladiator helmet they add the face part and the spikes the General helmet they add the front brow and different details. The Windlass replica was made after the fact and would have some differences since it is not a offical copy I would think.

Fnd out what this person would need to do the wolf. Never hurts to ask.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Fnd out what this person would need to do the wolf. Never hurts to ask.
Steve

Cant hurt to ask.
First, I will need to know the exact dimension of the space it fits on the helmet.
Width & Length.

BTW, I just bought one off of EvilBay for $255.00
He has more, I believe.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back