IWATA Revolution BCR

Bigturc

Sr Member
Hey guys,
This seems like a good place to post this.

I'm an airbrush newbie, always painted with a standard brush before but now, I'm looking for one as I have multiple projects coming (Yeah, big thanks to the RPF).

I was looking around, found a couple deal on Aztek A407 double actions for around 100$ (I liked the top bottle / gravity feed option), but then, a guy at work is selling is IWATA Revolution BCR airbrush (used once / like new) .. which I think I could get for around 50$.

Is that a good deal? What is a good price range for this? What is an awesome deal?

Any pros / cons I should know about?

I'm worried that since I'm always workin in small quantities, I might have problems with the bottom feed bottle, is that a problem only in my head?

Thanks for any input, I need to know asap :D

BT

The Iwata sounds like a great deal - and they're awesome airbrushes. I was an airbrush no0b a little while ago but I swear by mine now! :cool

Thanks Eagle,

How about that stupid notion that with low quantity mixes (for small detail jobs), I might have problems with the bottom feed bottles?

Am I just wrong? Cause it's the only reason why I'm not buying it!

Bottom feed airbrushes are used if you are doing more painting with one color and don't need quick color changes, and if you are doing larger projects. Smaller detailed jobs are better with the gravity feed airbrush. The Iwata Revolution series airbrushes are beginner airbrushes. The BCR retails for about $100 so $50 is a great deal

If it were me, however, I'd get the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. This retails for about $115, is gravity fed, and you can get amazing detail from it. Nothing beats an Iwata of any model. I have a Badger 150 that cost me $110 over 10 years ago and it doesn't even come close to the Iwata. The badger is also syphon fed like the BCR, and I do not like it as much as the Eclipse HP-CS.

I have 3 Iwatas that I've accumulated over the years. I have an Eclipse HP-BCS, an Eclipse HP-CS and a Revolution BR.

The BCS is great for when your spraying large areas in one color. Has a nice wide spray pattern, but can do hairline work as well. Downside is that it requires a higher PSI in order to suck up paint, so fine detail work isn't what it should be.

The CS is great when you have a few things to paint in the same color. Hold 1/3 oz of paint, so you don't have to keep refilling. It's gravity fed, so you can shoot at really low PSI (I've shot as low as 5 PSI) for insane detail work.

The BR is great when you're changing colors often. It has a 1/16 oz cup, so you can shoot a small pice, then change colors. Also good for detail work if you swap the stock .5 nozzle for a .35.

Iwata's are easy to maintain and hard to break. They have great paint atomization, so it's almost hard to get a bad finish.

I get all of my airbrushes from here http://www.dixieart.com/Iwata_Airbrush_Main.html Great customer service and free shipping.

-Fred

Very useful info ..
I stumbled on another deal locally here.

Used once only by the guy ...
IWATA HP-CH
Badger #150
Badger 180-1 compressor
Hose and stuff included

225$

In what way does the CH compare to the CS? I can't seem to find proper comparison online but it seems more expensive?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back