New DIE HARD 3 prop added to my collection

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks to a member here I have almost finished this prop. I still have to dremel the BB holes, paint the bottom and add the "Game Over" sticker to the bottom, but I am very happy with the way it's progressing.

IMG_4198.jpg

REAL PROP (pic borrowed from www.diehardprops.com)

baseballgamesolo.jpg

Mighty fine work there Brad, Simon would be proud.:lol

Thanks Andy, actually all the credit goes to the member that put this all together. I would call him out but I don't know if he wants that. If so, just let me know...mystery man! ;)

Brad

Hey, I just made a wood and plastic box.

You did the research and drew the graphic.

Looks great. You found a good color for it.

Hey, I just made a wood and plastic box.

You did the research and drew the graphic.

Looks great. You found a good color for it.

Cool. I'm glad you spoke up Michael. You're the man!! This turned out great! I will be sending you the paint.

Brad

Such a cool prop. It's good to see a Die Hard 3 prop replicated, one of my favourite films. Are you going to weather the graphic up a bit, or wasn't the graphic weathered in the movie? I can't remember.

EDIT: Nice gold bar and Sgt. Powell badge, as well. Very cool.

Such a cool prop. It's good to see a Die Hard 3 prop replicated, one of my favourite films. Are you going to weather the graphic up a bit, or wasn't the graphic weathered in the movie? I can't remember.

EDIT: Nice gold bar and Sgt. Powell badge, as well. Very cool.

Nice job, Brad! The graphic and box looks to be spot on. Well done to the box maker too. I wouldn't have known where to start with such a project....

So Brad, Are you making the whole film, or what? :lol

I miss that NY game... :cry

Simon

If you do weather the graphic, I'd first tweak the colors on it, a little more green for the grass and a little more brown for the baselines.

Although I realize that graphic photographs weird, so it may be fine on your end.

Kadajiroth - Thanks for the compliments. I don't think I'll weather the graphics, because I think they were weathered after the film.

Simon - Thanks, I am always thinking of what other Die Hard props to make. They are too good of movies NOT to make these.

Michael - I agree, I will be doing some tweaking to the graphic to match the screen used.

Brad

I know I'm bumping all these Die Hard threads today. Sorry.

Wasn't this graphic offered as a paper prop? I seem to remember seeing it a while back but I've searched and search without finding anything.

Hey Brad,

What color did you end up using for the frame.

Now that I live where I can get more that four colors of paint, I want to finish mine off too.

Hey Brad,

What color did you end up using for the frame.

Now that I live where I can get more that four colors of paint, I want to finish mine off too.

Hey Mike,
I used a combination of 2 Tamiya Acrylic green paints. One was Green and the other was Dark Green. I just mixed them up until I thought they looked correct.

Brad

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back