Goldenrod's Republic Commando

Goldenrod

Sr Member
Just wanted to share some progress i've made on my RC. I going with the Sev paint scheme. I'm using Video game screen caps as ref.
What do you think?

Just wanted to share some progress i've made on my RC. I going with the Sev paint scheme. I'm using Video game screen caps as ref.
What do you think?

looking great! The BD on the shoulders and the chestplate look very realistic...

Thanks guys!
I wasn't real happy with the lines on the ab/cod, so i toned it down a bit.
Heres what i looks like now.
URL=http://imageshack.us]
sevcodfixedhs2.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
VERY nice!

I did a SEV for last years Celebration Europe but it´s in storage since then.
I plan to put it on a mannequin...

Markus

Just finished up the back and butt armor.

I've done a few models over the years. My models minatures instructor at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh was Carl Horner. He did all the minatures for the film "Abyss". He showed usa all kinds of neat tricks.
Believe it or not I have not used an airbrush on any of this RC kit. Its all chalk pastels with paint brushes.
Then sealed with a satin clear cote. I like this technique waaaay better than the airbrush. You get the same effect but without all the hassel of cleaning and setup of the airbrush.

Markus you have to post pics of your Sev!

Last edited:
Markus you look awesome bro! Our Sev's look very simular,very cool.:thumbsup
Thanks for the pic lonepigeon!

Last edited:
Not much to see GR

I actually only have a very few pics of my SEV from my first testfitting, here´s one. The 2nd shows my attempt on the strange blue paintscheme (before any weathering or blood layering was done).

MySEV_front3.jpg

SEVblueparts.jpg

Markus

Markus you did a great job on it. Just add some weathering and your there:):thumbsup

Heres some pics to help. This is me weathering my RC biceps for the demo.
I know its easier for some to catch on quicker visually:)

Thanks, but my SEV IS weathered ;)

The pic of the blue parts is pre-weathering.
The one of the full costume pic I posted is the first fitting, more weathering was done til CE. Chris´pic shows my Sev in its current state, even if the weathering is hard to make out :lol

Markus

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back