Post Your 5TH ELEMENT props/replicas here

Has anyone made the label for the bottle of wine Matt Perry holds in the beginning of the movie?

Technically, it's not wine, it's Grappa. It is also a real vintage label that was slightly modified for the film. This is the best image of the label that I have been able to find thus far.

grappa.jpg

Thanks!
Me too...I'm currently working on a CAD model of it so it can be reproduced.
Look for a run of them in the near future if everything works out.

Yup, the spikes are on springs. The top one fold forward to go into the sheath and the bottom ones fold down. They all fit into machined grooves and the handle contracts for easier carrying.

Thanks PHA...yeah, I was pretty floored when he offered to sell it to me and The Prop Store of London re-issued the COA to me as well, very nice guy's!

Much like Matt, I watched the grenade for years, first spotting it back in 2000 and losing track of it until about two years ago when I spotted it in Matt's collection.
I friended him on FaceBook and asked if he'd share dimensions of it with me and that was when he offered to let me purchase it!

Thanks!
Me too...I'm currently working on a CAD model of it so it can be reproduced.
Look for a run of them in the near future if everything works out.

Can you post a screen shot of the 3D CAD when it's far enough along? I helped ID the dial, so now I have a token interest in this prop, lol!

RR

I'm going to wait until I hear back from the machinists that I've submitted them to before making them public.
I'll be starting a general interest list once I have some kind of confirmation that the project is able to move ahead.
Thanks again for I.D.ing that dial!

Had this saved for after Xmas as they where a gift for Jamster.

Okay, another project finished:

The miniature 5th Element Stones...

Stones.jpg

Stones1.jpg

Stones2.jpg

Oops, missed that hair, hurray for macro...

Stones3.jpg

Stones4.jpg

Stones have a dark brown base coat, toothpaste to fill the tiny airpockets, randomly placed lighter brown and as finish dry brushed sand color.

First time I ever did something like this, love how it turned out. Might want to add a dark wash for the cracks and lines, just a touch. Not sure how to yet.

UPDATE:

They do need the wash in the cracks and cuts. Especially in artificial light. Just a tad more over the top.

UPDATE:

Now truly finished. Had a good deadline, as these will be an Xmas gift.

Added a black/brown wash with regular water paint. So no wet fingers when handling these!

Stones6.jpg

Stones8.jpg

Stones9.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back