1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - DONE!!

Re: 1/2 studio scale Offworld Blimp - MOVING AHEAD!

Thanks to Gene's ID, I scored a found part! Will scale this down by 1/2 for this project!

L1070347.jpg

HOLY BALLS IT'S HERE

L1070885.jpg

DRAMATIC PREVISUALIZATION OF LIGHTS INSIDE:

L1070887.jpg

Nice stuff !

How's lighted ? LED's or cold tubes ?

I love your face on the second pic ! :lol

Hehe, yeah, I can't be serious.

It's going to be lit with LEDS in the end :)

GTFOH!, but really stop what you are doing and go see it today, do it NOW!!

I think I just stroked out.... Dude you need to see this movie man.

Looking good Jason!!! Call me when your ready to move forward with the electronics, I have some great ideas for the model lighting!!! Thanks for posting the pictures! Randy

Here is something fun (prepping the footage/ideas for the screens on the blimp - decided to do a dry run with this) - I have made a video screen play all of the footage from the ads in Blade Runner. I added a soundtrack using a Vangelis song, and the Japanese song which was also in the film.... I will add this to the side of a building model I plan to scratch build, so it looks like it is from Blade Runner. It will be a nice base for a Spinner model!!

YouTube - Blade Runner Screen Test

I made a lighting neon sign for the last base I did for a spinner, but this is even better!

Just read through the whole thread, Jason. Boy, you've had some fun and games getting it to this stage, but it's a superb project and a cool model to bring to life. Glad it's worked out - looks stunning. :love
This is going to be a massive crowd puller with everything lit and playing if/when you show it at the next WF. Going to show it there?

As for not seeing BR, MonsieurTox, hopefully when you do it will blow your socks off as it did me when I saw it first, many (too many :unsure) years ago. You've got a true classic, cult, gorgeous film to look forward to, now! Make sure you've got the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, beers etc ready and the lights off. Let us know what you think of it afterwards?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back