Movie Locations & Props To See In Florida?

Flix4Me

Sr Member
It looks like i will probably have a couple of days to do a whirlwind tour of Florida. Not long enough to go to Disney or MGM. Just enough time to hit the road and see as much as I can see, as fast as I can see it. Any recommendations?

keep driving till you see the "Now leaving Florida" sign. thats the best sight in this entire state! :lol

I second that. I lived in FL for five years. AWFUL. There are some great people there, but for the most part everyone is out to stab everyone else for a quick buck. I could never run a business down there again.

Wow.

Anyway, there are lots of things to do in Fla but visiting movie locations/props isn't one of its strongest. Sure, lots of stuff shoots here, but there isn't really anything iconic like the BTTF clock tower or Vasquez Rocks or the Goonies house.

And if you really did a whirlwind tour, say from Miami to Pensacola and back, you could do it in two days but you'd be doing nothing but driving! ;)

The grass is always greener:love
Everywhere I have lived (in 10 states) there are always some bitter folks who hate it there, just like a ton of others who love it.:wacko

As for your question - You could stop of the Planet Hollywood in Orlando, they have some great stuff ,I was just there last October. and it is a "quick stop" type of place.:)

Jeez, I lived in Tampa for 7 years and I loved it.

The Punisher filmed in downtown Tampa and on harbor island.

Bad Boys 1 & 2 in Miami.

THe Tallahasee Auto Museum has some of the Batmobiles there.
They have:
Batman Returns Batmobile
Returns Bat-Ski Boat
Duckmobile
Batman Forever Batmobile
They were supposed to get one of the 60's Batmobiles but I am not sure of that one.

I don't mind the area I live in I just hate the heat. I am sooooo tierd of 10 months of summer and 2 months of spring. Well, that's the way it seems anyway. I would love to have 4 seasons again!!

I always enjoy the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando

Not exactly a movie prop but there's an ass-ton of music memo if you dig on that sort of thing. I do

Some films shot in Florida formally known as Hollywood East in the industry There's plenty more but here's a start.:

Edward Scissorhands (shopping center still in Lakeland Florida with the big arch)
Monster (ride down the road pic up skanks)
Midnight Cowboy
Black Sunday
Smokey and the Bandit
The Flamingo Kid
Cocoon
Ace Ventura
The Truman show
Ray
Miami Vice
Armageddon (Space center)
My girl (shot in Bartow)
Jaws (Pensacola beach opening scene)
Apollo 13
Key Largo (Bogart film)
Caddy Shack
Flight of the Navigator
Married to the Mob
Porky's
Creature from the Black Lagoon (Silver Springs)
Punisher
Jaws 3D
Airport 77 (Wakulla springs underwater of course)
Lassie (all kinds of junk)
Jaws II (Navarre beach and Okaloosa island)

Creature from the Black Lagoon (Silver Springs)

All sorts of movies were shot there. (I used to do raptor training for the bird show so I sort of absorbed the history)

Creature from the Black Lagoon was indeed shot there. Also I Spy, Sea Quest, Smokey and the Bandit 3 (Although the areas they filmed that in aren't open to the public), Legend and several of the Tarzan films.

If you *do* stop by SS and take the glass bottom boat tours, try to get Ray if he still works there. That's one crazy Cajun. :lol

Lots of good mentions.

Here's a few more:

Robocop TV series (filmed around Orlando & the Universal Studios backlots)

SeaQuest TV series (occasional exteriors / outdoor scenes in the St. Petersburg area)

Yeah, The Punisher shot all over Tampa and a wee bit of St. Pete.

Just ask if you want any specifics.

Have fun & good luck.

-Mike

All sorts of movies were shot there. (I used to do raptor training for the bird show so I sort of absorbed the history)

Creature from the Black Lagoon was indeed shot there. Also I Spy, Sea Quest, Smokey and the Bandit 3 (Although the areas they filmed that in aren't open to the public), Legend and several of the Tarzan films.

If you *do* stop by SS and take the glass bottom boat tours, try to get Ray if he still works there. That's one crazy Cajun. :lol

Yeah, Ray's still there and just as crazy :lol Was talking to him just the other day. He does the Lost River Cruise. Silver Springs also has the Statues from James Bond (can be seen from the glass bottom boats) and theres a sunken boat that was used in an Abbott and Costello film that you can see on the Lost River Cruise.

Wasn't part of True Lies filmed on a bridge in the Keys?

Yup, I was going to mention True Lies.

Creature from the Black Lagoon was actually shot at "Wakulla Springs". They have Creaturefest there every year. They show the film on an outdoor screen and one year they managed to get Ricou Browning, Ginger Stanley, Julie Adams and Ben Chapman (who passed recently) there for autographs and photos.

http://www.the-reelgillman.com/news/50thcreaturefest.html

Other films shot at Wakulla Springs include some of the Johnny Weissmuller Tarzans, Joe Panther (With Brian Keith, Ricardo Montalban), and someone already mentioned Airport 77.

One of the Roger Moore Bond flicks was shot at "Silver Springs". There are some under water statues still there from filming.

The Peter Fonda movie "Ulee's Gold" was shot in Apalachicola.

The Ray Liotta flick "Something Wild" had some scenes shot in Tallahassee but the hotel and pool don't exist anymore.

While no scenes were shot in Tallahassee, Patricia Arquette's True Romance character "Alabama" was from the" highways and bi-ways of Tallahassee"... :cool

Steven

Last edited:
What's up with these Fl. haters? :angry

Yeah, for starters, Orlando with Universal and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Disney's Pleasure Island is the location with Planet Hollywood and a few other shops who also carry movie/TV memorabilia. After that, the whole state is Hollywood's playground.

The first "Ace Ventura:pet detective" movie was filmed all over South Beach. The "Cameo" theater next to Ace's apartment complex is still there, and it is one of South Beach's top nightclubs.

"On any given Sunday," was filmed in most of Miami's main sport Stadiums.

Great stuff, everyone! Thanks!

I am going to have to locate these places on a map so I can figure out what might be possible. I will be starting from Tampa.

Since I haven't been to a Planet Hollywood in years, I could see stopping there for a quick look-see. Is it easily accessible, or is it part of one of the larger tourist attractions?

I am pretty sure I will want to go to Miami to see the art deco buildings.

The Edward Scissorhands location sounds intresting as do the keys.

Maybe I should concentrate on the southern half of the state...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back