Revisiting the Training Remote

Hi Niels
Thanks for your help! I´ll try to explain me (English is hard to me)

In fact, it´s the same question you have done in post #173

planos.jpg

I know there is not a big diference, but.....
I dont understand some thinks exposed here about diameters, (I want to insert some drawings, but I´m having some problems, I hope tomorrow can do it)

Regards Luis

Last edited:
Hi Niels
Thanks for your help! I´ll try to explain me (English is hard to me)

View attachment 269719

I know there is not a big diference, but.....
I dont understand some thinks exposed here about diameters, (I want to insert some drawings, but I´m having some problems, I hope tomorrow can do it)

Regards Luis

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I try to delete the duplicated post, but I can´t

Hey Luis

I haven't been able to find a saved copy of Franks tutorial, and I can find it either at Franks new website .. so I've contacted him ... I'll get back to you on that one.

Here's a pic of the axial brackets .. (not the engineering type, so hope I chose the right part :D )

axialbrackets.jpg

I can't remember which measurements I used,, so I'll have to do a couple of measurements on my finished model ... get back to you on that one as well :)

Hi Niels!
First of all, thank you very much for being so gently.
I already have the tutorial: Luke0312 sent me it. Anyway, thanks again.
The picture is really going to be very useful to me in order to finish the blueprints while I wait for the hemispheres to arrive.

Luis

I've been searching through the intewebs and the RPF specifically looking for training remote information and I keep seeing folks refer to "Frank's instructions".

What are these instructions, if I may ask, and where can they be found? Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I've read this thread and have gleaned the source of some of the parts, but is there a more comprehensive description out there somewhere?

Thanks for sharing all this awesome stuff!

I'm finally done with my remote. It's all weathered up and I made a display base.

I created this type of panel type base with the idea that the training remote was probably on board the falcon before Ben and Luke boarded. The base is made from an ipad box.

Big thanks to SofaKing01 who helped me flesh out the idea for the base and for supplying a few key pieces.
Also big thanks to brundlefly for his tutorial and advice via pm w the remote.

c4cfbfe35dd89ff156e98fa2b5604590.jpg

a2a2d76d00925c864d79a71b44af131c.jpg

d78b2e6ef12012da550e5e280f31aab7.jpg

73e63555a5797284a7de0c4ef27f0482.jpg

5ea2d88819177856f42ea16da99dd229.jpg

That looks great! it got me inspired to get my kit back out of the closet, unfortunately I dug it out this weekend and realized that i am short 7 of the 1/48 panther hatches (the part on both sides of the track). Anyone have the ability to cast some (7) for me? i would be happy to send some $$ to your paypal for your time. Just shoot me a PM....
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Build Diary: Revisiting the Jedi Training Remote

What is that part(kit) you have in the top(circle with 4 hols)

_DSC9263_resize.jpg

If you read this thread carefully you'll notice that MR used the wrong U-brackets.
The circular tank parts around the truck rims are all broken off on the original prop. On most fan build remotes these parts are still intact.
The size of the remote is 6 inches.
But your 3D model looks great. Are you going to 'print' it on a 3D printer?

BTW here my remote using the Tamiya 1/48 tank parts. Not finished yet, but getting there:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/lightsaberfreak/_DSC9258_resize.jpg

From the top
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/lightsaberfreak/_DSC9263_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Is there anyone out there that actually casts the parts of the jedi remote as a purchasable kit or is that a no no for copyright restrictions.
I don't have the funding to buy all the kits and I don't have the requirement to use the majority of the left over parts for kit bashing.
I'm in Australia and am finding it hard enough to get hold of the hemispheres let alone the other parts

Is there anyone out there that actually casts the parts of the jedi remote as a purchasable kit or is that a no no for copyright restrictions.
I don't have the funding to buy all the kits and I don't have the requirement to use the majority of the left over parts for kit bashing.
I'm in Australia and am finding it hard enough to get hold of the hemispheres let alone the other parts

Then the easiest thing for you might be to track down Franks kit .... if you choose to go for a scratchbuild, then let me know .. I have a mold of all the parts needed except the Panther G track and the Truck rims

Thanks KrokoHunter,
I'll keep it in mind.
I don't really want to build a kit and would like to scratch-build.
What does Frank's kit include?
I thought that I read in a post that they are no longer available.
Did you mean to cast the parts for me or to provide me the mould?
I have thought of emailing the model companies to see if they would send only the appropriate parts or even the full sprue that the parts are on.
Anyone tries that already?

Franks kit was a full 1-piece rotocasted kit .. so just clean up and paint. they are no longer available ... but it might turn up in the junkyard or a similar place ... so keep an eye for it

I need the mold, so I was thinking of casting the parts for you ..

Hi there! New member here. I've been wanting a remote for a long time and all these builds inspired me to try my skills as a builder. I just finished reading the whole thread and made my notes on measurements, kits, paint, techniques etc. So the next stage for me is gathering all the pieces. Not an easy (or cheap) task as you all know, so before go fishing at the Bay, I decided I should ask here if there's parts available for purchasing. Please PM me if you have leftovers or are willing to cast some.

Last edited:
Hello everyone I'm working on trying to make a Jedi trading ball this threat was so helpful! Can anyone plz tell me the dimensions of the rectangular plastic parts the run horizontally across the equator of the ball and vertically between the truck rims? And also I can't for the life of me figure out what the parts circled in green come from. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Hello everyone I'm working on trying to build a Jedi trading ball this threat was so helpful! Can anyone plz tell me the dimensions of the rectangular plastic parts the run horizontally across the equator of the ball and vertically between the truck rims? And also I can't for the life of me figure out what the parts circled in green come from. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you for your time. Sorry don't see how I post pics. The other part in question is just below the tank tracks and the Sherman combo. It look kinda like an pencil eraser top. Sorry for the poor description.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back