Teaser pic- ANH, ESB, & ROTJ Vader displays

GINO

Sr Member
It's been a long road, but my OT Vaders are nearing completion.
Here is the list of things that still need happen to be completely finished.
1. Need to paint my ROTJ face (ESB is on the ROTJ mannequin for the time being)
2. Paint my ESB and ROTJ domes.
3. Build the poseable hands to go with the poseable arms.
4. Add the gloves (which are progressing, just much slower than I'd like :angry)
5.Beef up my ROTJ torso just a bit.

Still a bit to go, but after what it took to get here it seems like small potatoes.

8401491.jpeg

Thanks Gino! For the first time I can actually see a difference in the Vader's from ANH, ESB and ROTJ. They look phenominal!!

VERY VERY COOL!

I´m also interested in your way of doing the mannequins as well as the poseable hands. I´d appreciate if you could get us some insight.

Markus

Thanks for the kind words guys.
I keep getting asked about the mannequins so I thought I'd touch on that.
The exact ones (or ones very similar) can readily be found on ebay for about $160 or so. There's nothing special about them (nor do they need to be) other than they need to be standing in a neutral pose.
Using bodybuilding pics of Prowse around the time of filming as reference as well as a photo of his body cast for ANH, I sculpted onto the existing skinny mannequins in foam to match his musculature as close as possible.
I scrapped the arms, and built my own using bendable rod and foam.
The hands are going to be made out of a combination of wood, wire, and hose which will be detachable at the wrist.

awsome m8, if only i had the space :p

i still think anh beats the rest hands down but do you plan on doin a rots?

ANHsmall.jpg

GINO, you know where I stand on your pieces. These do not disappoint. If you ever open an invite to come down Columbus way to oogle at your collection, let me know first! :D

awsome m8, if only i had the space :p

i still think anh beats the rest hands down but do you plan on doin a rots?

ANHsmall.jpg

Thanks, I can't decide which is my favorite between the ESB and ROTJ.
As far as the ROTS goes, I loathe that costume for a million reasons.

Qui-Gonzalez, better yet, we should have a prop party in Columbus late this summer or early fall.

GINO, they look amazing. I've never seen a side-by-side-by-side pic like that. Impressive. Most impressive. (Your ANH is my favorite.)

I did spot a mistake on your ESB costume, though. A pretty big mistake, actually. It wasn't 'til the third movie that he got his hand chopped off by Luke Skywalker.

The Wook

Doh!
Actually, all three of them are missing their hands.
I haven't been able to do any painting/finishing work on my Vaders since mid last fall, so in a month or so I'll be back at finishing them off.

Hey man

You said you used a combination of bendable rod/ foam etc. for the arms....got a pic or a small tutorial? I just can´t imagine what kind of rod would be suitable for this purpose? Sorry for asking...again :rolleyes

Markus

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back