Doctor Who Series 4 props (possible spoilers)

Howlrunner

Sr Member
OK, Series 4 of Doctor Who started here in the UK yesterday (6/4/08) and there are already possibilities for cool props. Thought it might be fun kicking some ideas around as the series progresses.

Number one on my wish list would be the Adipose Industries pendant/necklace! A cool prop that shouldn't be too hard to make (if you have access to a machine shop. Sadly, I don't.....) - basically just a 3D oblong (like a pill/capsule) made in two halves that can rotate around the central horizontal join. It also has the Adipode logo etched onto it. Pics for YouTube clips:

Adipose1.jpg

Adipose2.jpg

Adipose3.jpg

This one seems shorter, but appears to be the only one that twists

Adipose4.jpg

Adipose5.jpg

Magnified inscription - "Adipose" with some writing underneath it. Most likely it says "Industries" as it appears to be a copy of this logo:
s4_01_gra_03.jpg

There's also the box that the Adipose pills come in (though don't remember actually seeing it on screen). Here's the front of the packet:

s4_01_gra_02.jpg

Would need more reference material to do the whole pack though.

The other would be the Adipose creatures themselves. Such a basic looking creature would/should be fairly simple to sculpt:

adipose1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/v...t info about the Adipose.&info=&info2=&info3==

Last edited:
I agree. The sonic pen would be more exciting.

It looks like an off the shelf pen to me that just had a blue LED added to the end.

Any ideas?

Hilary

Oooooo...... Looky what I just found on eBay:

e982_1.JPG

Not exactly the same - the join isn't half way down the pendant - but pretty close! :cool

Pretty much ALL of the ones I can find open nearer to the top. Only found one that opens in the middle - and it was silver. :( They must be out there though.....

Last edited:
Does anyone have any clear screencaps of the sonic pen? The top bit looks very similar to a UV Light pen you get free with Smirnoff in Japan. Could probably be adapted if I find the right sized bottom 1/2 and paint it black.

080408_002302.jpg

080408_0023012.jpg

Sorry picture's not very clear, used my cell phone for these.

I think that the pen was probably scratch built, If you look at the end, it has a 'cage' where the blue LED emitter is. From different pictures it also seems to extend and retract. It is alos possible to see the small grub screw holding it together. (by th eway I am working on a newerr and better version of tennant sonic as well as the laser screwdriver whch i will post up shortly.
Here's a screen cap to show what i mean:

sonic06.png

S4 Ep. 2 - Fires Of Pompei aired at the weekend - in it the Doctor uses a gun!

Alright, so it's a water gun:
DWFiresgrab1.jpg

Note the 'Captain Jack' pose!
DWFiresgrab2.jpg

Didn't Tom Baker's Doctor use a water pistol once?

Received this offa eBay this morning:
WaterPistol1.jpg

Here's the header card:
WaterPistol2.jpg

It says 'SPLASH WATER PISTOL' and 'NO:657' on the side and 'Made in China' on the barrel.

And after painting the grips to match the grabs:
DWReplicaWaterPistol.jpg

Pretty fragile plastic, and the grips are well glued so I had to mask off for paint (you can see the inside of the grip is still orange). I've seen similar pistols with blue grips, but lighter than in the ep - or it could be the lighting.

Not a bad wee prop for £1, plus postage! Quick turnaround, too. ;)

I also have a couple of these in blue for blaster building - they also have orange grips.

Coz.

Last edited:
Ok I know it's from the Christmas Special, but it's easier to associate it with Series 4 since it will be on the Series 4 dvd set. I would love to see the thing from Bannakaffalatta they use to destroy the host (it created some type of pulse). I forget what it's called (I would have to go back and rewatch the episode), but it looks like a really big sonic screwdriver withtout the light on top.

I would also like to see one of those Host halos.

Oh and the teleport bracelet. Not a bad little prop there either.

I wish I could have posted some pics.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back