1/6 scale TARDIS--image heavy

Jiminydog

A project I have been working on awhile, mostly made out of balsa wood...

I added some "real" cables to give the backdrop a little more of a 3d feel...

The windows are plexi, on their back side I attached a transparency printout of an actual screen grab of Tardis windows, (backed by opaque mylar), to give them some texture.

The two doors and the phone door are hinged with a rod-and-socket thing I jimmied up out of bits and pieces.

Phone is balsa with some little bits made out of Sculpey. It's a little rough, but "it's not a real phone!"

The lantern glows white all the time (as it does when the Tardis is "parked") but I also cannibalized a toy I had and rigged up a switch so that you can trigger a glowing blue light accompanied by the Tardis materialization "roar". If the peak on the roof seems just a tad too pronounced, it's because there's a lot of stuff crammed in under there.

Backdrop is just a large printout of course, the trick there was to bend it around and trim it down so interior lighting could still shine out side windows.

I think I am in love....

I was introduced to both Torchwood and Dr Who this year and I must say I love them both. My custom Star Wars costumes all use my sonic screwdriver as an odd accessory and I love it when people recognize it.

Great work and "Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!"

Alexis
*smiles*

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back