FOUND IT! The Brady tiki was a found item!

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not really a shocker or anything but cool to share just the same. I'm certainly not the first one to discover this but I did want to confirm that other "found" items can still be located.

You can match these things up groove for groove when you inspect one up close. I figure the prop department gave it a quick and dirty paint job for depth and that was it.

A popular tourist trinket at the time this piece was part of a numbered series of idols sold in the early 70's.

The pics below show the idol in it's bought and later 'altered' form. That's mine at the bottom.

It's in rubber right now! :angel

Spooky note: The idol shipped with an old paper tag that described what the tiki represented.
It's said to possess all the fierce, arrogant, cruel and unholy passions capable of man. Really! That's exactly what it says! Sounds like a great 'feel good' tourist gift. "Hey hunny, doesn't this sound cuuuute...I want it!"

Here's one more. It's real tricky to get the light right on this compared to the super bright screen cap but it's a clean comparison. I also put too dark of a wash on this pull but I think it shows all the high points rather well for comparison.

Last edited:
Rylo, did you know it was a found item or just a hunch? Either way, awesome find!

It was just a hunch...I confess the research got a little obsessive.

There have also been a few odd shop accidents since this thing arrived. :confused

Rylo, did you know it was a found item or just a hunch? Either way, awesome find!

Last edited:
Ah' but this is not a replica. It's from the the same evil family, perhaps even the same mold. (Certainly the same sculpt)

Now, I would agree that any pulls from this piece would probably only be 1/2 as cursed due to stepping down a generation and all...I'm not quite sure what the exact reduction of evil would be. :confused

I suppose I'd need to mention that in a transaction just the same. Good catch!
Did I mention the little guy is taking a rubber nap, right now?

More on that later.

Nice but the replicas probably aren't as CURSED.

Great find.

Last edited:
Come to think of it. Since they were just sold, and just received and you JUST found the found item.

I guess they are sort of cursed. Creepy, eh!

I wanted one so bad I had to sculpt it. Now that I have someone finds one. I think you are right the replicas are cursed.
Mark

You guys have the wrong attitude. Fyberdyne's sculpted Tiki is lucky. That bad boy got out into circulation and BAM now the found item turns up. Lucky! :thumbsup

- TGM

That's true! I was about to jump on one of Mark's when I got the lead on this.

You guys have the wrong attitude. Fyberdyne's sculpted Tiki is lucky. That bad boy got out into circulation and BAM now the found item turns up. Lucky! :thumbsup

- TGM

Last edited:
I for one think it's not cursed at all! I was going to be sculpting one of these, (see the old Brady Tiki Idol Thread), but was too busy with the Audrys to get to it. Now I'm glad I didn't. ;)

Sounds lucky to me! Looking forward to seeing this in the JY! PP at the ready! :)

-B89! :D

Tricks of light...it looks a good bit different with white on it.
Like I said, in hand, you can match up the grooves one by one.

Sure, there's a chance I'm wrong but if that's the case it's so close it doesn't matter to me. Just looking at it from the side really eliminates just about any doubt.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

I see four lights!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back